Most overrated rock artists of all time?

overrated band?

• Pink Floyd

Votes: 3 5.7%
  • Blink 182

Votes: 13 24.5%
  • Rolling Stones

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Rush

Votes: 4 7.5%
  • Tool

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Led Zeppelin

Votes: 4 7.5%
  • U2

Votes: 16 30.2%
  • The Beatles

Votes: 5 9.4%
  • Oasis

Votes: 6 11.3%

• Total voters

AboutAGirl

oh, be nice
Reaction score
Oooh The Police, good one. They couldn't fill an early phonograph cylinder with good music. (That'd be about 2 minutes). And I have to laugh when people call them punk. They are about as punk as The Turtles.

aeroplane

In Urgent Need of Advice
Reaction score
Oooh The Police, good one. They couldn't fill an early phonograph cylinder with good music. (That'd be about 2 minutes). And I have to laugh when people call them punk. They are about as punk as The Turtles.

I have less of a problem with the music of The Police than I do with their reputation with critics.

You hear nothing but praise for them about how original and groundbreaking their sound was, when they sound no different than a bunch of other pop rock groups from their era.

As for the Sex Pistols, they have next to nothing for studio output, roughly one album's worth of material and it was an album with what one or two "decent" songs?

Hell, I thought Motorhead's recording of God Save The Queen easily beat the Pistols and I would rather listen to the Megadeth or Motley Crue versions of Anarchy in the UK than the Pistols.

FretBuzz

Monkey Man
Reaction score
I have less of a problem with the music of The Police than I do with their reputation with critics.

You hear nothing but praise for them about how original and groundbreaking their sound was, when they sound no different than a bunch of other pop rock groups from their era.

As for the Sex Pistols, they have next to nothing for studio output, roughly one album's worth of material and it was an album with what one or two "decent" songs?

Hell, I thought Motorhead's recording of God Save The Queen easily beat the Pistols and I would rather listen to the Megadeth or Motley Crue versions of Anarchy in the UK than the Pistols.

I think that the Police had a very distinct sound. I am not a big fan of Sting's voice, but the outstanding, yet understated musicianship of Andy Summers & Stewart Copeland more than made up for Sting's voice, IMO.

Re: the Sex Pistols. I beg to differ. Every song on 'Never Mind the Bullocks" is very strong, there's not a clunker on it.

Last edited:

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IsisOFlynn

Staff online

Members online