Midler Says Lady Gaga Ripped Off Her Mermaid Character

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Nope, saw her in other stuff and just didn't like her.

Looks like you may have missed my point. You were never a fan of Midler and that's probably why you never seen her in the Mermaid outfit/wheelchair combo.

I have no doubt you seen her in "other things"

But just because you missed Midler's mermaid doesn't mean it wasn't popular.

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
I saw Beaches! She was darn good in that one. Unfortunately that's about as far as my appreciation for Miss Midler goes. :D

Slip'nn2Darkness

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score
^^ Ya.. Midler has that dry Jewish humor to her.. Kinda too much energy for me.. She's had some good roles in movies..

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
first-wives.jpg

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

Bette Midler has been doing the Mermaid/wheelchair thing for years! I would much rather watch her than Ga Ga :D

annie

metal maniac
Reaction score
In reply to all of you. My point is that if you did not go to Midler's stage concerts, you would never have known about the mermaid stunt. It was part of her show called Divine Madness and the film was released in 1980, long before Lady Gaga was born. It was not exactly front page news 10 years later. So no, MP, I was not a fan and therefore missed her live performances. So did millions of other ordinary Joes like me.

In 2011, someone would specificially have to search for the combination Bette Midler and mermaid on the internet to find it. So I think it is very vain of Midler to have said what she did.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jik32

Members online

No members online now.