Metallica (Official Thread)

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
Re: Metallica

I think I'm going to buy this... DVD version this time, and call it an early Father's Day present to myself.

METALLICA - Live Shit (Binge & Purge)

41NS7B5AA4L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I bought the VHS version the day it came out way back in 1993. The CDs are still in good shape, but the VHS tapes have had it. Would definitely be cool to have this on a fresh/brand new DVD.

Great track listing on the CDs:

Disc: 1
1. Enter Sandman
2. Creeping Death
3. Harvester of Sorrow
4. Welcome Home (Sanitarium)
5. Sad But True
6. Of Wolf and Man
7. The Unforgiven
8. Justice Medley:
8a) Eye of the Beholder
8b) Blackened
8c) The Frayed Ends of Sanity
8d) ... And Justice For All
8e) Blackened
9. Solos (Bass/Guitar)

Disc: 2
1. Through the Never
2. For Whom the Bell Tolls
3. Fade to Black
4. Master of Puppets
5. Seek & Destroy
6. Whiplash

Disc: 3
1. Nothing Else Matters
2. Wherever I May Roam
3. Am I Evil?
4. Last Caress
5. One Listen
6. Battery
7. The Four Horsemen
8. Motorbreath
9. Stone Cold Crazy

That version of Stone Cold Crazy = the best version by anyone, ever. Queen wrote it and kicked ass on it, but Metallica injected that shit with steroids and lit it on fire. Totally awesome.

My only complaint about the CD is something that they started doing during the "Black album tour", which is a "Justice Melody". WTF for? They could easily drop one other song from the set list and play all of And Justice For All and one or two of the other partial tracks. On this recording specifically, they could have tonded down the guitar and bass solos (18 minutes total) to give more time to the Justice melody tracks. But it's something they've been doing in concert for years, so it's not just this recording.

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score

^I may have to look into getting that as well. That track list looks pretty promising, and i've seen them live before, so it'd be cool that have something to watch if I ever have that need to see a live performance of them again.

Lynch

Reaction score

Yeah, that live performance on the CDs is from a 5-night stay in Mexico City in early 1993. Pretty damn kick-ass.

The DVDs are actually from two separate concerts. The first one is from San Diego, 1992 (Black Tour). the other is from Seattle in 1989 (AJFA Tour)

Both are ... :oy:

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score

Oh nice. I'll probably recognize the venue on the Seattle one then. I'll definitely consider adding this to my collection :grinthumb

Lynch

Reaction score

Could be. It was called "The Seattle Center" for many many years. That's where the Supersonics played for most of their existence (before the NBA let them move). I think it was renovated 10+ yrs ago which was when the name was changed to Key Arena, but I could be wrong.

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score

The Key Arena is actually bult on the big area called The Seattle Center. So you are partly correct. I believe it's always been called the Key Arena, but it's easy to get the two names confused considering the Seattle Center is where that and a few other buildings are located. :)

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Metallica should really consider remixing St Anger, my liking of it wore off, the lack of solos and shit drums really throws me off now, I now consider it the piece of shit most people claim it is too.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

metallicafuefae.jpg

:oyea:

:lmao:

That's CLASSIC!!

I do appreciate the band's "progression" but at the end of the day this is why us die hards are soooo intio the first three albums!

metallica-1983.jpg

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Members online