Metallica (Official Thread)

Reaction score
Re: Metallica

I just want to say that Metallica are the greatest. They're my favourite band of all time and I love them :bow:
Well, their music anyway. I could try and list my favourite songs, but it's more of a ranking of all their songs, not a list. One, Unforgiven, Creeping Death, Harvester and Fade are my absolute favourites. At least the somngs I listen to the most.

I'm praying that they come back to Australia soon, and maybe they could bring the other 3 with along them.

LONG LIVE MetallicA!!!!!!! \m/ \m/

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Ill rank the albums in order of my own personal preference.

• Ride the Lightning
  • And Justice For All
  • Black album
  • Kill Em All
  • Master of Puppets
  • Load
  • Death Magnetic
  • Reload
  • St Anger (Most of this album is half arsed bullshit)

Last edited:

Pixel

The Woolly One
Reaction score

Been listening to this band a lot lately. I personally prefer the first three albums, especially Ride The Lightning. I can't get enough of that album at the moment, been playing it to death :hb: Although it would have been good if they'd carried on down that road, I do like some of their later efforts. As for Death Magnetic, I haven't actually heard it yet, with the exception of one or two tracks being played in a game store not long after the album came out. They didn't sound too bad from what I can remember, so will make a point of checking the album out ASAP.

I'm probably risking getting flamed for this, but am I the only person here who thinks And Justice For All is mind-numbingly boring to listen to? Admittedly it takes me a good couple of listens to get into any album regardless of how much I love the band/genre, but I just cannot stand this album. I think I was both disgusted and horrified when I heard the opening track, but for me, it just didn't get any better the further into the album I got :(

Reaction score

A few months ago i was listening to their most progressive album "And Justice For All" quite often. It's my favourite one of theirs.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

And Justice For All had its problems, the production of the bass was absolutely disgraceful on it, they remixed it a couple of times but still there is no decent audible bass sound on it.
But nah you won't get flamed for it, not everyones gonna like the album :)
I prefer And Justice to Puppets personally though.

Pixel

The Woolly One
Reaction score

My dislike of the album isn't to do with technicality as such. To me the entire thing just sounds completely bland, lifeless. I don't even know why really. And it actually pains me to say this because I really like most of their other stuff :(

Reaction score

Here's how I see Metallica albums:
1. Master of Puppets. Not one song I don't like on this. TTTSNB is the only song that feels out of place, lyrically and musically. But a great tune nontheless.
2. Ride the Lightning. Full of classics.
3. And Justice For All. It's sounds terrible because James and Lars produced it themselves. It was also right after Cliff had died, and they were drinking - heavy. Yet, they recored their best song - One. They need to remaster this album.
4. Kill 'Em All.
5. Load
What? Great experimental album for them. I really love Until it Sleeps, Outlaw Torn, Bleeding Me, Mama Said and Ain't My Bitch.
6. Black Album. Half the album is good, with 4 really good songs, but the other half is crap.
7. Death Magnetic
8. St. Anger
9. ReLoad. Why they didn't put No Leaf Clover on this, I'll never know. That was their second best song of the decade. Fuel, Unforgiven II, Memory Remains, and that's all. They could have squeezed those onto Load, and then they would have one really solid album.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

^^I agree with your first two, they will always be my favorite Metallica albums.

3rd would be the Black Album, after that it changes.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Get rid of The Memory Remains and some of the other shit filler on Reload and put No Leaf Clover and Minus Human on it and I would respect the album more.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online