Metallica (Official Thread)

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Re: Metallica

The napster thing also made Metallica look like greedy mother****ers only in it for the cash and not the fans, thats how it came across to me.
They did redeem themselves with Death Magnetic severely.

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score

At that point, I said I would never purchase anything else that Metallica puts out, and I've held to my principles on that one.

I could easily understand where you're coming from with this, but I don't think it's really fair to automatically have a negative outlook on future albums because of one mishap. I'm not saying you're wrong at all, i'm sure you have your reasons, but it's always good to at least give any new album one listen just so you can have a good opinion in conversation.

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score

Don't get me wrong, I've listened to everything they've done since the Napster lawsuit. But I will not purchase them. I won't download them either, so don't think I'm getting it that way. I've listened to their stuff online as well as listened to what others I know have purchased, but I won't give them a dime of my money again.

And I don't consider the Napster lawsuit a "mishap". St Anger on the whole could be considered a mishap, followed up by redemption of DM. Just the way they handled themselves during and after that lawsuit bothered me. LIke I said in my previous post, they tried to go after little people for thousands and thousands of dollars, then turned around and gave away their next single. It was a huge F.U. to the entire world imho. JM2CW.

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score

I can agree with you on some parts, I don't mean to come off as attacking or anything, it's just for the beauty of discussion. Idk, I could just be different. But like I said, I completely understand what you mean.

Calling the issue a mishap on my part wasn't the best choice of words, I can level with you on that, it was a lot more than what I was portraying it to be.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Metallica were the ones who leaked the unreleased songs, they are partly to blame for them being fileshared to be fair.

Titokinz

Earthbound misfit
Reaction score

I can agree with you to an extent, but a lot of people say the 90's on wasn't that good for them. I honestly don't think Death Magnetic was as bad as people say it is. It's actually quite good for a Metallica release.

I think they were trying to appeal to a much larger audience than before for The Black Album, then their comeback with Load was slightly disappointing for me. All Nightmare Long and Cyanide are probably my favourites from Death Magnetic, what they came out with in the last few years has definitely improved to me from what was released in the late 90's.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

I still think there were production issues even on Magnetic.
I hope it has improved for the upcoming album.

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score

I think they were trying to appeal to a much larger audience than before for The Black Album, then their comeback with Load was slightly disappointing for me. All Nightmare Long and Cyanide are probably my favourites from Death Magnetic, what they came out with in the last few years has definitely improved to me from what was released in the late 90's.

That makes sense. Death Magnetic was probably made for the fans than the music, but even though they did it that way, it was still done in a pretty good way IMO.

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score

metallicafuefae.jpg

:oyea:

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member