Johnny Cash (Official Thread)

CREAM'd

Reaction score
Re: The Official Johnny Cash Thread

Surely the Official Johnny Cash thread,doesn't deserve to be burried in amongst the Spice Girls in the ''everything else'' thread,on a classic rock forum.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

^^I can agree with that CREAM'd, but I don't mind the Spice Girls, they were good at what they did and can never compare to a Giant like the original "Man In Black". :grinthumb

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

One of the most poignant and moving videos I have ever seen, easily one of the top 5 ever done and I don't even like videos generally speaking.

Phil B.

Far Out Man!
Reaction score

I won't ever forget the day The Man In Black passed away. I remember exactaly where I was and what I was doing when I heard. I taped the near 24 hour tribute off the CMT channel and burned it to DVD.

Johnny Cash was a big influence in my life when it came to music. I was exposed to a lot of music when I was growing up, but a lot of it never had the Sincerity or Honesty that Cash's music had.

Buddy Holly was another artist that was that way for me. A lot of their songs are very simple, but that is the beauty in their art.

:bow:

oh, and for the record, I don't much care for The Spice Girls

Last edited:

Astrid Kirchherr65

Classic 60's Chick
Reaction score

I won't ever forget the day The Man In Black passed away. I remember exactaly where I was and what I was doing when I heard. I taped the near 24 hour tribute off the CMT channel and burned it to DVD.

Johnny Cash was a big influence in my life when it came to music. I was exposed to a lot of music when I was growing up, but a lot of it never had the Sincerity or Honesty that Cash's music had.

Buddy Holly was another artist that was that way for me. A lot of their songs are very simple, but that is the beauty in their art.

:bow:

oh, and for the record, I don't much care for The Spice Girls

I can relate to this Phil..

The first concert my mom and dad ever went to was in 1969 Hartford Ct to see Johnny Cash, mom was also 8 months pregnant with my younger brother :wtf:

I was raised on the old school country and Johnny Cash was the one artist I could get into ...and must say for me old school country still appeals.

Give me Johhny Cash , Merle Haggard, Waylon Jennings, Kris Krisstofferson, Glen Cambell anyday over the pure shrat of todays crap country. This HURT video is painfully beautiful..

Astrid Kirchherr65

Classic 60's Chick
Reaction score

I can relate to this Phil..

The first concert my mom and dad ever went to was in 1969 Hartford Ct to see Johnny Cash, mom was also 8 months pregnant with my younger brother :wtf:

I was raised on the old school country and Johnny Cash was the one artist I could get into ...and must say for me old school country still appeals.

Give me Johhny Cash , Merle Haggard, Waylon Jennings, Kris Krisstofferson, Glen Cambell anyday over the pure shrat of todays crap country. This HURT video is painfully beautiful..

ONE of my other favorites

With Joe Strummer..beautifully pain again..both were ill at the time of making this :( RIP Johnny And Joe :uh:

CREAM'd

Reaction score

Great tune
MP: Removed dead video

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LongIshmael