Johnny Cash (Official Thread)

Groovy Man

I'm Not Like Everybody Else
Reaction score
Re: The Official Johnny Cash Thread

From Wikipedia...

In March 1935, when Johnny Cash was three years old, the family settled in Dyess, Arkansas. J.R. was working in cotton fields beginning at age five, singing along with his family simultaneously while working. The family farm was flooded on at least two occasions, which later inspired him to write the song "Five Feet High and Rising". His family's economic and personal struggles during the Great Depression inspired many of his songs, especially those about other people facing similar difficulties.

Cash was very close to his older brother, Jack. In May 1944, Jack was pulled into a whirling head saw in the mill where he worked, and almost cut in two. He suffered for over a week before he died on May 20, 1944, at age 15. Cash often spoke of the horrible guilt he felt over this incident. According to Cash: The Autobiography, his father was away that morning, but he and his mother, and Jack himself, all had premonitions or a sense of foreboding about that day, causing his mother to urge Jack to skip work and go fishing with his brother. Jack insisted on working, as the family needed the money. On his deathbed, Jack said he had visions of heaven and angels. Decades later, Cash spoke of looking forward to meeting his brother in heaven.

WoW...now listen to the words of this this song...

and the confidence and joy behind it...

Johnny was truly an inspiration to millions...

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score

That's a deep story GM imagine trying to come to terms with that. The more I read and find out about Johnny Cash the more I admire him.

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score

Love me some Johnny Cash!

JimmyByrne09

Reaction score

Got about halfway through "Cash" his autobiography, and was pretty impressed. He definitely seems really interesting, and a great musician from what I've heard. But I ended the book early for the same reason as Clapton's....his stories just don't seem to be as interesting when he gets off drugs.

snakes&ladders

Reaction score

I dig Roseanne Cash 2....like daddy like daughter :):)

roseannecash.jpg

By blackglove at 2011-02-02

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nowiknowitsJAG

Members online