I posted this in the 70's section also...

A

Auryn

Hi everyone.

I'm new to here, and solely created this account to ask a question.

My friend recently inherited some albums, and although he doesn't want to sell them, he is interested in their value, especially of this one Led Zeppelin album. It's an original LP of Led Zeppelin II, in pretty good condition for being used.

Here are some pictures:
ledzepcoverfront.jpg
ledzepinside.jpg
ledzepcoverback.jpg

:)

AboutAGirl

oh, be nice
Reaction score
Well they sell albums for $1 at a lot of used bookstores. Zep II would possibly go for more, but I can't imagine it going for more than like $10....

billtjr51

Reaction score
There are several on ebay starting at $9.99. Do not know what they will end up bringing. That album was popular and there are obviously still quite a few around.

deezee

Reaction score
sorry to say that once it's been played once it's probably considered "near mint" not "mint" condition.

the reality is that the albums that have the most value are the ones that sold the least. if that album sold a few million copies (which of course it did) it's worth what billtjr51 has posted he found on amazon. i have a book (older edition now) that rates record values and with the exception of the beatles (so many differrent variables it's amazing!) most of the most valuable records, not counting the condition issue, are ones that sold very few copies. like anything else, once something is rare it attains greater value.

eccentric man

Reaction score
wouldn't an original pressing go for a little more though since it's a different quality of vinyl? i got a crazy pile of records of my folks over the years and some of the discs from the 60s feel almost twice as heavy as stuff from the 80s. i guess it also depends on whether or not anything was tweaked in the re-issues.

billtjr51

Reaction score
Originals are worth more, but it would have to be originals that were few in number to have any extreme value. Most of my music is worth more to me than I could resell it for. Re-released LP's are generally not worth much more than you paid for them. If you are really interested in what your records are worth, http://www.moneymusic.com/ is a great site. But you have to pay for online appraisals($2 per record). I have listened to Mighty John Marshall(owner of the website) on the Allan Handelman radio show and he has his stuff together. He also has a free mailing list. This is the info posted:
Each month Mighty John-The Record Guy puts out a list
of ten records that are worth $100.00 or more.
To receive your free copy of this month's list,
just email [email protected]

Your email address will not be given or sold to any third party. You must
request the free list each month. We do not put you on an automatic emailing list

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
V1nnipoof

Members online

No members online now.