I Love This Song: “Moving in Stereo”

Slipn

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score
That whole album kicked butt.. Not a bad track on it.. Came out right when The Police debut did and did things get nerdy after that!! Remember all the nerd movies and nerd bands being the new cool??

Mr Mojo Risin

Cactus Brew Drinker
Reaction score
I was gonna say the same thing as ol' Slipn.. There's not a bad track on this album, and it's their best release imo. It's a real breath of fresh air.

In Stereo is my 2nd favorite track... Nai posted my favorite!

Slipn

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score
The Cars debut album is my favorite from the band and Moving in Stereo is the reason it’s my favorite. The song lyrics are essentially nonsense, with no real meaning, IMO. However, the focus is on the sound which moves constantly back and forth in stereo…..quite a novel experience for 1978. Led Zeppelin used this stereo effect quite a bit,
This is called "Panning" @Magic .. It's great if your listening to headphones or have a decent set up that is wired correct to let those parts jump back and forth.. Example Lucky Man by ELP does that at the part towards the end with the synth. Allot of newer groups don't use the panning thing and it leaves the song flat IMO..

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
That whole album kicked butt.. Not a bad track on it.. Came out right when The Police debut did and did things get nerdy after that!! Remember all the nerd movies and nerd bands being the new cool??
I love the nerdy, way to cool, magical 80’s movies and bands. Those movie soundtracks are awesome…I have collected several;)

Killing Joke ~ Eighties

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
This is called "Panning" @Magic .. It's great if your listening to headphones or have a decent set up that is wired correct to let those parts jump back and forth.. Example Lucky Man by ELP does that at the part towards the end with the synth. Allot of newer groups don't use the panning thing and it leaves the song flat IMO..
I did not know that! Sounds like an excellent topic for a thread.

Slipn

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score
I did not know that! Sounds like an excellent topic for a thread.
Well maybe.. But it depends on how everybody is listening to the tunes.. You wouldn't get that panning effect if your listening to your cell phone without ear buds

Or using a bluetooth speaker.. It's playing in stereo if your listening to like a home set up with right and left speakers..

HA!! I'm trying hard NOT to confuse things here..
The engineers are the ones who work the song panning it back and forth in left and right channels.. Understand??

Like I said, this is a great example of panning.. If you have headphones or ear buds, listen all the way through to the end.. You will see what I'm talking about..

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I've seen Killing Joke many times 'nerdy' wasn't a term in the mosh pit that fitted somehow!
Check out WarDance.
Eighties..the song..was used in the movie weird science..for their wild party mosh pit scene..lol.

Reaction score
Love The Cars, but my favorite album is Candy-O. "Dangerous Type" my favorite song. Off that LP. One song nobody ever mentions is "A Dream Away" off Shake It Up

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bringzip

Members online