I Love This Song: “Moving in Stereo”

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

1710009687825.jpeg

The Cars debut album is my favorite from the band and Moving in Stereo is the reason it’s my favorite. The song lyrics are essentially nonsense, with no real meaning, IMO. However, the focus is on the sound which moves constantly back and forth in stereo…..quite a novel experience for 1978. Led Zeppelin used this stereo effect quite a bit, but in 1978, we were not into LZ that much, so this sound was fairly new to me….

1978 is also the year I developed a deep love for Boones Farm Tickled Pink. A cheap wine, tasting like sweet berries, that got the job done. My friends and I would cruise around town getting a good buzz going, me on my cheap wine and them with beer & weed. I never cared much for weed, but since we were in a vehicle most of the time, I am 100% certain I had a contact high.

One of my friends popped his new “The Cars“ into his cassette deck and cranked the volume. I usually got stuck in the back seat where the speakers were located, so I got the full stereo effect when “Moving in Stereo” came on. It made me dizzy as hell, but I loved it! I had my friend play this song several times. I truly loved that stereo effect while 1/2 drunk & buzzed. To this very day when I hear “Moving in Stereo” I still think about running all over town in Scott”s souped up blazer.

I absolutely love this song and album! How about you? Tell me your thoughts and opinions…

dr wu

Dr Prog
Reaction score
Did you know that you have at least 10 threads with the 'I Love this Song' title.
Might be more prudent to have one thread called 'Songs I Love' .
Just a thought.
;)

Good lp..its on many lists ....thats the longest and strangest song on the lp btw.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
@dr wu
yeah, I am aware of the number of threads I have made. Each thread is dedicated to a specific song. If I made one thread for all the Songs I love, they would get lost in a single thread.
I’m happy posting them this way. If I’m happy, we’re all happy;)
:bounce:

dr wu

Dr Prog
Reaction score
@dr wu
yeah, I am aware of the number of threads I have made. Each thread is dedicated to a specific song. If I made one thread for all the Songs I love, they would get lost in a single thread.
I’m happy posting them this way. If I’m happy, we’re all happy;)
:bounce:
Ok.....Ive been on forums where one gets banned for creating multiple similar threads ...thank God you are the mod here.
So when can I start my 'I Love This Prog Song' series of say 50 threads...?
:)

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I recall going into Syd Booths Record Store in Mansfield Notts, and purchasing two picture disc 45's of this.
(one red, one mauve).... and I'd just got my Art School grant through.

My Best Friends Girl.
This song highlights Elliot Easton’s guitar prowess. Underrated guitarist. Left handed player.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bringzip

Members online