Alvin Lee

cornishmusic

Reaction score
Saw Alvin a couple of years ago - three acts on the bill - Tony McPhee (Groundhogs), Edgar Winter Band, and Alvins Band.

A great show, although Alvin was a bit dismissive about "the old days", and seemed happier playing his more recent rock and roll stuff (upright bass too!)

Great set nevertheless.

Garrett

✯ Blues Man ✯
Reaction score

Happy Birthday to Alvin Lee!

December 19, 1944

The Bluest Blues

George Harrison, whose brilliant slide guitar perfectly complements Lee's lead on heir duet on 1994's The Bluest Blues led one reviewer to call it "the most perfect blues song ever recorded."

My Source: Alvin Lee`s Bio

AboutAGirl

oh, be nice
Reaction score
Happy Birthday Alvin! Fastest fingers in the west!

heck..... here's a whole show!

Sweaty

ThE OtHeR rAmOnE
Reaction score
Yes Sox, that gig was awesome, Mr Winter, was it really that long ago? It was the same gig we went to wasn't it Sox?

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score
^^That's the one Sweaty, all three were on top form and the Alvin and Edgar duet was a wee bit special.:cheers2

Sweaty

ThE OtHeR rAmOnE
Reaction score
It was pretty good, Edgar Winter was excellent, I had waited years to see him, he was leaping around like a five year old:)

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score
I got to see Alvin with Nine Below Zero as his backing band in the early 90's. Gerry McAvoy was the bass player in Nine Below and they did a blinding opening set. Then Alvin joined them and thanked them before telling the crowd he was going to make them work a bit harder and he did. However after years of riding shotgun for Rory Gallagher, Gerry was more than up to it. A brilliant, brilliant night.

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score
Because we lost him earlier this week I just want to put this up in his honour ... :)

Alvin and Mylon "The Road To Freedom"

To Alvin :cheers2 One of the very best.:bow:

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
V1nnipoof

Staff online

Members online