Alvin Lee

gabriel cash

Reaction score
i managed to find the first ten years after CD. great album. i really want to find stonedhenge cause the 3 songs i've heard from it are trippy as hell

Groovy Man

I'm Not Like Everybody Else
Reaction score
That was the only time I went to the Calderone though went to " My Father's Place" in Roslyn a few times and saw Jack Bruce, Jorma Kaukonen, David Bromberg plus some other bands that escape me right now.

Wow! I was at that Jorma concert too!

Hawk, that's two concerts we were both at. How cool is that! Small world.

:cheers2

I also saw John Kay & Steppenwolf at ''My Father's Place''. Cool place to see a show.

hawk11

Reaction score
Wow! I was at that Jorma concert too!

Hawk, that's two concerts we were both at. How cool is that! Small world.

I also saw John Kay & Steppenwolf at ''My Father's Place''. Cool place to see a show.

It really is a small world Groovy! And might have been sitting right near one another.

I wasn't really into Jorma at the time but my dead head friends dragged me off to see him and he was actually pretty good though I liked him better when he had a band behind him like when I saw him open up for Johnny Winter at the Beacon Theater. I also seem to remember a stand up comic going on before Jorma ay My Father's Place.

My Father's Place was a cool place to see a show.

I saw John Kay & Steppenwolf 3 times. Twice at the Beacon Theater and once at Lamour's East in Queens.

Groovy Man

I'm Not Like Everybody Else
Reaction score
I also seem to remember a stand up comic going on before Jorma ay My Father's Place.

My Father's Place was a cool place to see a show.

I saw John Kay & Steppenwolf 3 times. Twice at the Beacon Theater and once at Lamour's East in Queens.

I never was one for opening acts, unless it was someone worth checking out. So, I don't remember an opening act. I remember ''hanging out'' in the parking lot beore we went in to see Jorma.

And never made it to Lamours. The Lamours by you, in Brooklyn, was legendary. I remember, I almost went to see Zebra there once, but the plans fell through. Long Island and NYC were and still are my main stomping grounds.

Last edited:

Rocker440

Reaction score
I just looked through my collection and all my Ten Years After stuff is missing in action after a move I under took awhile ago . Not happy about that at all.

:omg: I've had something similar happening myself, DKW! Although I didn't completely lose an entire bands catalog, I've misplaced more then a few albums and spend a lot of time searching for them, and many times I've not stopped my quest until I've either found them or finally admit I've really lost them, but that's fairly rare! :mad

Are you sure someone else hasn't temporarily borrowed them? :whistle: ;) I've been missing a few albums here or there, but I'm pretty sure of the one, or possibly two fellow CRF rockers that has borrowed them, for a while! :heheh:

An excellent Alvin Lee track from one of my fave AL solo albums...

Detroit Diesel (the title track)

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score
^^Great video ,

I ended up finding them a few days later. They were all out of the booklets but the artwork was all still w/ them and they were in perfect condition so ......

It's still funny though .I never took them out of the book and they were at the bottom of a box. Something I would never do to my CDs. Atleast I found them

Rocker440

Reaction score
^^That's good, DKW! I know how much it does drive me crazy :pullhair: trying to track down many things that I've misplaced, but with music it's much more so! :D

:cheers:

hawk11

Reaction score
I was going through some old photos and found these which I took of Alvin Lee when I saw him at The Ritz in NYC back in 1984. It was a great show from what I remember which is no suprise being Alvin always gives a great performance.

They're obviously not digital photos and my photography skills have gotten slightly better over the years.

Attachments

• Alvin Lee II.jpeg.jpg
    Alvin Lee II.jpeg.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 20
  • Alvin Lee I.jpg
    Alvin Lee I.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 19
Last edited by a moderator:

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score

The fly Poster from 2004, what a great gig that was. Edgar joined Alvin on stage and rocked the hall to the rafters.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IsisOFlynn

Members online