Reaction score
Never_Mind_the_Bollocks_zpsff33c3ab.jpg

...never heard it.
smiley1628_zpsbb6be704.gif

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^I would use that record for a coaster Black Dahlia.:D

Lots of albums really all over. I am big fan of Harlequin, I dont know how many people know the band but I would like to own they're greatest hits or other albums I ussually just pick songs from itunes. How many people have heard of Harlequin? They rock!:grinthumb

I saw Harlequin in the Convention Inn West(Bar :hab: ) decades ago, they put on a great set.:D

I have their greatest hits somewhere, have to dig it out one of these days.

I think "Innocence" would be the one song people outside of Canada might have heard on the radio, it was their biggest single if I remember correctly.

As far as 'classic albums' I've never listened to, almost all of Dylan's work. I do have a 2 CD compilation of his best songs, but a little Dylan goes a long way for me. Not sure I will ever bother to go back and take the time to catch up either.

Jonny Come Lately

The New Kid In Town
Reaction score
The most obvious one I can think of that I've never heard is Sergeant Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band by a certain foursome from Liverpool. Come to think of it I haven't heard any of their other albums either - I am familiar with a small number of their songs and can see why so many love them but for whatever reason they don't seem to resonate with me particularly.

I partly blame this on my love of Thomas the Tank Engine as a child which means I can't take Ringo Starr very seriously as a musician. :D

Last edited:
Reaction score
I've never listened to an entire album, but i want, by Foo Fighters, Pearl Jam, The Rolling Stones, The Cars, ZZ Top or The Who. This bands I like them, but I don't know why never i've bought a cd...

coltrane2

Musicologist
Reaction score
It's impossible to get through everything, but it's fun trying. I've been aiming to get to a position of owning a definitive classic rock collection for years and am fairly extensive at almost 3,000 albums, but every time I think I have it nailed I realise there are huge gaps. Until this morning I owned no Beck whatsoever (just got hold of Odelay). I only own one Brian Eno album, King Crimson is only two LPs, Robert Wyatt also only two.

And the back catalogue is a moving target, because the vinyl re-issue to digital programme grows ever longer. For example, until recently who would consider the likes of Badfinger, Big Star or Robin Trower as core collection?

For anyone trying (preference aside), I'd recommend extensive Beatles, Stones, Dylan and Beach Boys collections and building the rest from there.

Not easy, but damn good fun.

TheSound

An Englishman in New York
Reaction score
I have no idea where to start here, for one thing there's probably 100's of hard rock/metal albums that are considered classics, but it's not a genre that I enjoy especially, with a few exceptions, but I should still make the effort to hear more I guess in the spirit of being open-minded (nothing irritates me as much as people who say they hate something when they've never even tried it out....that goes for a lot of things in life, not just music)

I know I have never heard albums like What's Going On by Marvin Gaye, Purple Rain by Prince (or anything else by him for that matter), or the several John Lennon albums that I probably should have heard, I think they are all considered to be classics.

Big Ears

Music Lover
Reaction score
I know I have never heard albums like What's Going On by Marvin Gaye, Purple Rain by Prince (or anything else by him for that matter), or the several John Lennon albums that I probably should have heard, I think they are all considered to be classics.

You really should hear What's Going On.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vikas2324thakur

Staff online

Members online