A Classic Album You've Never Heard

Big Ears

Music Lover
Reaction score
Various recent threads have reminded me of classic, highly rated, cult or well-known albums that I have never heard. These are:

- Throwing Copper by Live

- The Tim Owens albums by Judus Priest

There are others:

- Any Sven Galli album

- I don't think I've heard the Mad Season album

Are there any such albums you have not heard?

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
This is an awesome idea for a thread! Personally I've been remedying a lot of gaps in listening by listening to entire discographies from start to finish. I did this with Queen, Elton john, Black Sabbath, Daryl Hall and John Oates, Candlebox and Nick Cave before giving it a rest for newer music. Anyway,with a good handful of those it gave me the chance to finally hear the classics in album form that I'd never taken the time to before. I also learned that no matter how much listening there will always be a gap in essential classic albums to listen to. Off the top of my head some notable albums I've never listened to from back to front are:

Bob Dylan-Blonde on Blonde (or any complete one for that matter, i don't know that I'll ever like him enough to appreciate them)
Judas Priest-British Steel
The Velvet Underground-The Banana One :heheh:
Any of the supposed Radiohead "classics" after O.K. Computer
Any complete Rolling Stones album in their prime.

Those are just a smattering! I'm sure theirs more plus the fact that a listen or two doesn't mean you got the full experience of certain classic albums! :grinthumb

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
^ I've only ever heard Dylan's Nashville Skyline and the Rolling Stones' Steel Wheels from start to finish.

That's cool that even classic rock fans still have territory to cover during that time! It would suck to have heard it all though and have nothing left to explore! :grinthumb

Musikwala

Popmartian
Reaction score
lol. There are several! The quest to listen to and appreciate good music is never-ending.

The following is just the tip of my iceberg... albums that I would like to listen to ASAP:

The Kinks Are The Village Green Preservation Society (or any Kinks album really)
Black Sabbath - Self Titled debut and Paranoid (I'm only familiar with their We Sold Our Soul greatest hits collection)
Patti Smith - Horses
Television - Marquee Moon
Joy Division - Unknown Pleasures
Suzanne Vega - Solitude Standing
Doolittle - Pixies
Peter Gabriel 1, 2, 3 (I'm only familiar with So and Us)
The Prodigy - Experience and Music for the Jilted Generation (I'm only familiar with Fat of the Land which I absolutely love!!)
Roxy Music albums
Brian Eno albums (surprising that I haven't tried listening to him yet, since I love U2 so much!)

God bless Grooveshark, though. And it will hopefully help me correct all of these sins! :D

I also learned that no matter how much listening there will always be a gap in essential classic albums to listen to.

Absolutely! There is way too much music out there! It's staggering.

Any of the supposed Radiohead "classics" after O.K. Computer

Kid A is a must-have, in my opinion... followed closely by In Rainbows.

That's cool that even classic rock fans still have territory to cover during that time! It would suck to have heard it all though and have nothing left to explore! :grinthumb

Indeed.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I will be completely honest.....

There are only 3 bands I have listened to every album they have made. Aerosmith, Journey, and Led Zeppelin. Anything else is still open for exploration.

Classics I haven't heard but should:

60's

Music from Big Pink - The Band
We're Only In It For the Money & Freak Out - Frank Zappa (I still have huge gaps in his discography to listen to)

The Grateful Dead's first 3 albums. (Another band with huge gaps of albums I haven't heard)

Vanilla Fudge. I have only heard the debut album :grinthumb:

This is only a small scratch in music I have not heard.....and it's only the 60's. tons more to explore.

Fever

Reaction score
I have never listened to any album by Radioplay,Springsteen or U2 and have no desire to.:grinthumb. I have only heard their songs on the radio.

There are albums by The Beatles,Alice Cooper and ZZ Top that I haven't listened to entirely that I would like to

rocknrollpestcontroll

Jammin On The Drums
Reaction score
Lots of albums really all over. I am big fan of Harlequin, I dont know how many people know the band but I would like to own they're greatest hits or other albums I ussually just pick songs from itunes. How many people have heard of Harlequin? They rock!:grinthumb

Aktivator

aka Hightea
Reaction score
albums I've only heard a few songs
ac/dc back in black
Megadeth -Rust In Peace
any Judas Priest and just about all Iron maiden

Besides a few rap albums and the albums mentioned above I've listened to the first 200 on this list
https://rateyourmusic.com/charts/top/album/all-time
I see most people here can get thru the top 20 :heheh:
I've listened to the top 58

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustybroom

Staff online

Members online