Your Favourite Rock Drummers of All Time?

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
Well, if you would have actually read the conversation before, I said Ringo wouldn't be in my top 10 drummers either.
I've read the entire thread. THIS is what you said:

Ringo and Moon The Loon!

Guess I missed the part here where you said he wouldn't be in your top 10 drummers. Bottom line is, you constantly get up on some proverbial high horse anytime someone doesn't praise the life out of Ringo. If someone says he's just Ok, or not that good, or overrated or anything, look the F out cuz here you come guns-a-blazin'.

But I can assure you he's a hell of a lot better than Carl Palmer.
Well, I'm not going to stand here and talk about how great Carl Palmer is, because I"m not a fan of much of anything he's ever done, however I do recognize the guy's skills as a very proficient drummer. Ringo may have had 'flashes' of 'brilliance' but over his entire career, he's far from impressive compared to many many other drummers.

The Beatles

retired
Reaction score
I've read the entire thread. THIS is what you said:

Guess I missed the part here where you said he wouldn't be in your top 10 drummers. Bottom line is, you constantly get up on some proverbial high horse anytime someone doesn't praise the life out of Ringo. If someone says he's just Ok, or not that good, or overrated or anything, look the F out cuz here you come guns-a-blazin'.

Well, I'm not going to stand here and talk about how great Carl Palmer is, because I"m not a fan of much of anything he's ever done, however I do recognize the guy's skills as a very proficient drummer. Ringo may have had 'flashes' of 'brilliance' but over his entire career, he's far from impressive compared to many many other drummers.

Yeah, I also said that right when the thread opened...several months ago.

The fact of the matter is that a lot of good drummers think he's great, and I'll take their opinion over your's any day :grinthumb

The Beatles

retired
Reaction score
Doesn't have to be drum solo to say that at least Carl has a drumming technique unlike Ringo.

Well, thank you for confirming the fact that you have no idea what you're talking about. For a minute there, I almost thought you had a point.

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score
Well, thank you for confirming the fact that you have no idea what you're talking about. For a minute there, I almost thought you had a point.

It shows how much talent and skill a drummer has when they can pull off a great drum solo, especially with how long some of them do it for, it's a mixture of strength and energy. You can't deny that.

Last edited:

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hannibal37

Members online

No members online now.