Your Favourite Rock Drummers of All Time?

CREAM'd

Reaction score
I dont mind watching a good drum solo,but I tend to skip past the 19 minute ''Moby Dick'' drum solo on Led Zeppelin How The West Was Won.
I have to agree the Bass players don't get the credit they deserve,this is one of my favourite Pink Floyd songs,and it's the bass that makes it so good

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Yeah I have to agree, 19 minutes is way too long even for Bonzo.

I have always loved bass guitar, it adds so much without taking anything away from the other instruments I would never push it into the background.

That is one reason I love PF CREAM'd, they never buried Roger's bass, it's always right there in front.:guitar:

The Beatles

retired
Reaction score
^^Oh I agree totally, in fact one of my Pet Peeves is when a producer/engineer buries the bass guitar on an album.(Metallica anyone?)

I would give all of them a chance, like a Yes concert I saw decades ago, eveyone had 5+ minutes to solo by themselves....and it was great.

Yeah, while I'm not a huge fan of bass solos, I definitely love a good bass in a song (considering I play bass.) I've even made several threads on the matter. And Justice for All is ridiculous with the way that the bass is buried.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Chris Squire's bass solo was the best I have ever experienced either live or on record...it was simply stunning what he could do with his bass.

Okay I will stop pumping up the bass now, it's back to drummers and their art.:grinthumb

CREAM'd

Reaction score
Yeah I have to agree, 19 minutes is way too long even for Bonzo.

I have always loved bass guitar, it adds so much without taking anything away from the other instruments I would never push it into the background.

That is one reason I love PF CREAM'd, they never buried Roger's bass, it's always right there in front.:guitar:

I couldn't agree more LG:grinthumb

I have a few favourite drummers,Ginger Baker,Bill Ward,Mitch Mitchell,John Bonham,Meg White:oyea:(only kidding).

Nololob

Long Live Wock 'n' Woll
Reaction score
Well, thank you for confirming the fact that you have no idea what you're talking about. For a minute there, I almost thought you had a point.

I knew the fact that everything around you is only The Beatles and anything else is bad or not good enough as Beatles. I say Ringo keeps only beats and tempo. You can't disagree with that, as Ringo himself confirmed that he's not that good drummer.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^Ringo is a human metronome...according to many musicians he keeps perfect time. And when you come to think of it that was a drummers prime responsibility.

I always liked Ringo,,,but never rated him in my top 10 drummers of all time...the Beatles were more about harmonies than powerful beats like Zeppelin or Purple or numerous other bands of their time..

The Beatles

retired
Reaction score
^^Ringo is a human metronome...according to many musicians he keeps perfect time. And when you come to think of it that was a drummers prime responsibility.

I always liked Ringo,,,but never rated him in my top 10 drummers of all time...the Beatles were more about harmonies than powerful beats like Zeppelin or Purple or numerous other bands of their time..

Thank you! This is what I've been talking about.

Manic Monkey

Skirt Herder
Reaction score
The 3 greatest rock drummers of all-time are John Bonham, Keith Moon and Neil Peart.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Staff online

Members online