Would You Honestly Eliminate Any Music Genre or Artist From Existence?

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
The title thread says it all. Is your hatred for any artist or genre to the point where you'd take it away from existence despite the fact that others genuinely enjoy it? My answer is obviously no! :heheh:

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I say no also because frankly it would be extremely elitist to suggest any genre should be wiped out of existence. I ignore genres I hate. lol

Sharp Dressed Man

Down South Jukin'
Reaction score
I think people have the right to listen to (and play) whatever they want, so no. I ignore music I don't like. I never listen to radio, so apart from what I might be exposed to in a public place (when I am not listening to something on my iPod), I am pretty much in total control of what I listen to. Live and let live :)

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
I think people have the right to listen to (and play) whatever they want, so no. I ignore music I don't like. I never listen to radio, so apart from what I might be exposed to in a public place (when I am not listening to something on my iPod), I am pretty much in total control of what I listen to. Live and let live :)

This! It's so easy to not listen to what you don't want too! It's funny a lot of music people hate is made for kids and people still want to take away from existence what genuine innocent fun music that every kid is made to have before they get rebellious then old and bitter with age. :heheh: Why should the kids have to care if it's a marketing strategy for them? So are cartoons but no matter how dumb the kids should get that period in their lives IMO. Just one example how we only consider ourselves sometimes when it comes to taste! :)

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
This! It's so easy to not listen to what you don't want too! It's funny a lot of music people hate is made for kids and people still want to take away from existence what genuine innocent fun music that every kid is made to have before they get rebellious then old and bitter with age. :heheh: Why should the kids have to care if it's a marketing strategy for them? So are cartoons but no matter how dumb the kids should get that period in their lives IMO. Just one example how we only consider ourselves sometimes when it comes to taste! :)

Exactly. I don't understand anyone that could possibly say yes to wiping out genres or anything like that just because they can't stand it. Why take away what someone else enjoys for that reason? Pretty selfish attitude quite frankly.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Tough question...I'm against censorship as a rule but there are times when I look around and it feels like the entire human race is on a path to "Sodom and Gomorrah". Would eliminating some of the worst most vile depressing music ever made make a difference? Probably not, it's a reflection of the modern culture kids have created for themselves by their choices.

When it comes to the 'prefabricated product' made by the Pop media factories, those artists are just a passing fancy, as they age and their 'rabid teenybopper' fan base gets more mature they fade out of the picture.

I do think history will sort this out anyway, quality lasts rubbish ends up where it always does eventually.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I am 100% against censorship.

Each genre of music has its fans, therefore, it serves a purpose.

Although some of the experimental noise that's out there is just awful. I would rather listen to Rap than some of the "noise". Makes me wonder why anyone would ever record and try to market some of that "noise".

Aero

Reaction score
I would definitely like to wipe certain music out of existence, but my answer is not a certain genre. It's a formula the record companies are using to manufacture new music.

Music today is controlled by studios that are run by corrupt people with an agenda. They are the reason that music today isn't nearly as good as it was in years past. They've changed the rules for what it takes to have a career in this industry and it has nothing to do with talent.

They're marketing a cheap product to the masses which affects us all because we are all forced to listen to it when we turn on our radios or walk in a public place where they play this crap. So, this idea that you don't have to listen to it is total BS. You do have to listen to it since you're exposed to it all the time.

If you eliminate the formula these subhumans are using to crank out an inferior product, then you get rid of the Lady Gagas of the world and put creativity in music and talent back in the spotlight where they belong.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
There was a time not so long ago when it looked like Rappers would exterminate themselves, with their shootouts, who's the baddest of the bad, who can get away with insulting everyone denigrating women and using the worst possible language.

If I never hear another rap(and hip-hop) song I will feel blessed.(Death and Black metal are on that list too, such manic depressing stuff I can't understand the attraction and never will.)

But I wouldn't eradicate it, I think it will die out all by itself while Beethoven, Bach, the Beatles, Zeppelin and other artists are still relevant a decade or two from now.:mn:

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
V1nnipoof

Members online