Would You Honestly Eliminate Any Music Genre or Artist From Existence?

electric funeral

Just listening music
Reaction score
I dislike rap with a passion but I would not eliminate the whole genre. I just do not listen to it.

gcczep

Ever Onward...
Reaction score
Outta here...?

No. I would think I am open minded enough to listen to any genre even it happens by accident. It doesn't mean that it will end up in my library either. This is why a majority of us have collections so we can listen to what we want at any moment.

Music is expression be it circumstances, events, a reflection of the times or the artist's culture and environment. It mirrors the present yet as the decades pass by the great ones shall remain timeless. No music fan worth their salt hasn't heard of an Elvis have they? 20 years from now, I doubt that will change.

Aktivator

aka Hightea
Reaction score
Nope you never know where the future of music goes. Bands you hate today maybe influenced one piece of a band you love in the future. Is their genres I don't listen too? Sure but I'm open to most although music without instruments and death metal I'm not a fan.

Mr. Bob Dobolina

Reaction score
Elitist or not, I'd get rid of opera. Like Frank Barone (Peter Boyle) said about it on an episode of "Everybody Loves Raymond", "Opera...just what we need, more fat women screaming".

Philip Parris Lynott

Reaction score
i would eliminate dubstep from the face of the earth it is an abomination to everything that stands for music................................ and maybe some rap but id ont hate rap as much as dubstep

Sunny

Settled down at last and very happy.
Reaction score
Absolutely not! I simply don't listen to music I don't like much. I would never denigrate another person's taste in music.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Elitist or not, I'd get rid of opera. Like Frank Barone (Peter Boyle) said about it on an episode of "Everybody Loves Raymond", "Opera...just what we need, more fat women screaming".

:heheh:

I like the operatic females of metal......like Tarja :grinthumb

Vehicle

Aging Metalhead
Reaction score
Only when I'm sitting at the light, an the guy next me has my windows vibrating.

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Good feedback! It really interesting to see the extremes that the viewpoints go on this! Aktivator had a really interesting point in saying even stuff you don't like may inspire a band you do end up liking! :grinthumb

Tray73

இڿڰۣ-ڰۣ—
Reaction score
The title thread says it all. Is your hatred for any artist or genre to the point where you'd take it away from existence despite the fact that others genuinely enjoy it? My answer is obviously no! :heheh:

I'm quite surprised, Sooty, I thought you would jump at the chance to put Celion Dion in Room 101 ;)

In an ideal world I'd like to see music that outright promotes violence, racism or anything similarly overly offensive gone from existence, there are enough hostile, sick b's out there without encouraging or glorifying it. Apart from that even though there's plenty of genres/artists I really can't stomach, I reckon if somebody out there gets enjoyment from it, who am I to spoil their fun.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
V1nnipoof

Members online