Worst Lyrics

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
^^I agree take away the sappy love songs in the rock 'n roll library and what do you have left??

I like both, brainless fun songs, and masterpieces written by a true wordsmith.:D

Yup and nothing wrong with writin' it like you talk it'

I never had a conversation yet with anyone that told me about their brreakup in some way that I couldn't understand it...or I had to say, "Let me get back to you after I figure out what you're talking about" :heheh:

They just said, "Whoah Dean man...I loved her...and she she just dumped me. This sucks...what am I gonna do?"

Sounds like a song. :D

Tiny Tim

Reaction score
Face it! All rock music is a big cliche', whether it be a broken heart, the government screwing us, drugs, partying, war, peace, angst, coming of age, dragons, far away lands, religion, Satan, finding your inner self, equality, spaceships and time travel.

Need I go on??

Some bands just a use a thesaurus where others don't. :D

Too me, the art of rock music lyric writing is in delivering an old message, a cliché if you will, in a fresh way. If you need a thesaurus to do that, so be it. :grinthumb I've got a fairly wide vocabulary, and I've never owned a thesaurus, because I love the English language. When I hear interesting or unusual words, or an interesting combination of words, they tend to stick with me. Which is why I usually listen for lyrics first when I listen to a song.

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
They just said, "Whoah Dean man...I loved her...and she she just dumped me. This sucks...what am I gonna do?"

Sounds like a song. :D
Thats when you turn on Limp Bizkit - Break Stuff and let the shit hit the fan!

:heheh:

Although I honestly would never do that, in thought it's kinda funny (to me anyway).

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^Write it, come up with a riff, and they will come MP...:heheh:

Nothing wrong with well written love songs either TT, one persons sappy is another persons timeless classic.;)

Country music is the same take out the heartbreak she left me songs and the cupboard is nearly bare as well.

Because it's a near universal experience for men and women of almost all ages it crosses all the boundaries and remains relevant even now the majority of songs are about relationships, with a few Notable exceptions of course.

Tiny Tim

Reaction score
^^Write it, come up with a riff, and they will come MP...:heheh:

Country music is the same take out the heartbreak she left me songs and the cupboard is nearly bare as well.

Because it's a near universal experience for men and women of almost all ages it crosses all the boundaries and remains relevant even now the majority of songs are about relationships, with a few Notable exceptions of course.

To be clear. My problem with Every Rose.... is not that it is a relationship song, it's that it is a poorly written relationship song. Some of my favorite songs are relationship songs.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Too me, the art of rock music lyric writing is in delivering an old message, a cliché if you will, in a fresh way. If you need a thesaurus to do that, so be it. :grinthumb I've got a fairly wide vocabulary, and I've never owned a thesaurus, because I love the English language. When I hear interesting or unusual words, or an interesting combination of words, they tend to stick with me. Which is why I usually listen for lyrics first when I listen to a song.

Never said I needed a thesaurus but it is a common practice in the business.

Complicated lyrics don't make a good song.

My idea of a bad lyric is a lazy lyric. Soot's example was a good one...let's repeat Baby Please Don't Go 50 times.

Every Rose? Best lyric? Never.

Does it keep moving and tell a story or emanate a feeling? You bet. :grinthumb

Slip'nn2Darkness

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score
I used to really howl if I had to listen to country music..
But these days.. They are the masters of the "Hook".. I've heard some excellent country songs that are basic but well written..
They used to be about

Cheating
drunkeness
Jobless
selling your soul..etc...
wait??? they still are about all that..:heheh:
But done in a way that is exceptable...

Tiny Tim

Reaction score
Never said I needed a thesaurus but it is a common practice in the business.

Complicated lyrics don't make a good song.

My idea of a bad lyric is a lazy lyric. Soot's example was a good one...let's repeat Baby Please Don't Go 50 times.

Every Rose? Best lyric? Never.

Does it keep moving and tell a story or emanate a feeling? You bet. :grinthumb

Didn't say anything about complicated. Smokey Robinson wrote some of the best love songs ever, and they were very simple.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
You can add Blues to the list too Thumper...how many of those songs reflect the same thing?

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DarrelDeSa

Members online