Worst Lyrics

Slip'nn2Darkness

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score
I "get" it too, it's impossible not to "get" because it is a series of easily recognized cliches. It's lazy songwriting at it's worst.
It seems your out to "get" Bret Michaels.. Is there even one song by him or Poison that you consider worthy of your praise???

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I did think Bret Michael's reality show sucked big time, but I don't mind Poison. They are not about writing unforgettable lyrical masterpieces, just about having a good time, like Aerosmith to me.

Tiny Tim

Reaction score
This is a thread about bad lyrics. I have explained why I think Every Rose... qualifies. Why do you want to make this about me? Like I said, do you have an example of a song with more clichés?

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^I am resisting the urge to post any rap song at this point Tiny Tim...:lmao:

As long as you just criticize a song or band that is okay, let's keep from getting personal. We have another thread that I used to post in, "Songs You Hate",,,and after so many people started lambasting some of my old favorites I just stopped posting in it...and I still Like all the songs they were skewering.:grinthumb

Tiny Tim

Reaction score
The Sharp Hint Of New Tears lyrics

On the way home,
this car hears my confessions.
I think tonight I'll take the long way.
This weather.
The wind outside is biting.
It has left me feeling tired & exposed.
You've been asking me to bleed.
It seems these kinds of questions
come too easy to you now.
Your lack of shame comes naturally.
I should not be surprised.
I should have seen it sooner.

You expect me to apologize
for things that you've done wrong.
While you're inciting others.
You're owning up to nothing
and I wish that I was gone,
because you're not going anywhere.

This damp air
is fighting my defroster.
My sighs they ring victorious
& fog this tinted glass.
It's clouded
& so is my head.
The hint of these new tears are sharp.
I try to choke them back.
But it's useless.
I am useless against them.
They are beating me with ease.

On the way home

You expect me to apologize
for things that you've done wrong.
While you're inciting others.
You're owning up to nothing
and I wish that I was gone,
because you're not going anywhere.

On the way home

This actually sounds like a response to Every Rose....:heheh:

But seriously, why are you out to get Dashboard Confessional?:D

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
^^I am resisting the urge to post any rap song at this point Tiny Tim...:lmao:

As long as you just criticize a song or band that is okay, let's keep from getting personal. We have another thread that I used to post in, "Songs You Hate",,,and after so many people started lambasting some of my old favorites I just stopped posting in it...and I still Like all the songs they were skewering.:grinthumb

And that's the thing, just because someone doesn't like a song that you do, doesn't mean you can't still like it or that anyone should change their mind. No one -should- get offended by others' opinions, especially in a topic like this.

I love Kiss and if someone starts listing dorky or bad lyrics by them, I'll probably laugh as I know that they had a bunch of stuff that was really silly. Same with probably almost every band that I like. Just don't take it personally..
(example)
.. if I lambaste Nirvana lyrics / songs because I think they suck, that doesn't mean that YOU suck because you like them or love them, it just means that you listen to a sucky band, that's all.

*smirk* :heheh:

(disclaimer: take it in stride and in fun, that was just an example) :****:

Tiny Tim

Reaction score
And that's the thing, just because someone doesn't like a song that you do, doesn't mean you can't still like it or that anyone should change their mind. No one -should- get offended by others' opinions, especially in a topic like this.

I love Kiss and if someone starts listing dorky or bad lyrics by them, I'll probably laugh as I know that they had a bunch of stuff that was really silly. Same with probably almost every band that I like. Just don't take it personally..
(example)
.. if I lambaste Nirvana lyrics / songs because I think they suck, that doesn't mean that YOU suck because you like them or love them, it just means that you listen to a sucky band, that's all.

*smirk* :heheh:

(disclaimer: take it in stride and in fun, that was just an example) :****:

Exactly. I love Nirvana but I actually agree with you on Rape Me. It sounded like a desperate attempt to be "outrageous" to me.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Face it! All rock music is a big cliche', whether it be a broken heart, the government screwing us, drugs, partying, war, peace, angst, coming of age, dragons, far away lands, religion, Satan, finding your inner self, equality, spaceships and time travel.

Need I go on??

Some bands just a use a thesaurus where others don't. :D

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^I agree take away the sappy love songs in the rock 'n roll library and what do you have left??

I like both, brainless fun songs, and masterpieces written by a true wordsmith.:D

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
V1nnipoof

Members online