What was the worst career move made by any artist?

annie

metal maniac
Reaction score
It took "Cloud Nine" to get him back in the good books, from all reports. And even then, many so-called fans don't like his work from Cloud Nine and Brainwashed (the latter of which is my favourite George studio album). It certainly killed it more than anything else he did.

You beat me to it, I edited my post. But Cloud Nine was released the next year so it wasn't much of a loss.

Foxhound

retired
Reaction score
That MOST DEFINITELY was THE worst career move, the worst LIFE move, the most tragic thing that has EVER happened in music history. Yoko is the incarnation of Satan on earth IMO. She destroyed John Lennon.

I'll stick to analyzing career moves and leave the life moves to the amateur psychologist crowd.

:D

TeleCat

Blackmore's Advocate
Reaction score
Peter Frampton in Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Movie circa 1979. Hell, Aerosmith was in it as well as the Coop. At least they played bad guys. Frampton added to his pretty boy image that he could never seem to shake. Too bad 'cause he's an incredible player and singer. It's a shame an album like Comes Alive is almost viewed as a guilty pleasure now. I think it's loaded with great guitar playing.

PinkFreud

Rock Junkie
Reaction score
Black Sabbath kicking out Ozzy Osbourne. Big mistake on the band as a whole's part...Ronnie James Dio just wasn't as awesome.

Truckin

Ride Captain Ride
Reaction score
When Timothy B. Schmit left Poco for The Eagles. His harmonies were awesome with Poco but I hardly notice him with The Eagles.

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
Black Sabbath kicking out Ozzy Osbourne. Big mistake on the band as a whole's part...Ronnie James Dio just wasn't as awesome.
Personally, I don't think that BS would have lasted into the 80's had they not dumped Ozzy and picked up Dio. They were on a SERIOUS decline on their last couple of albums. Dio changed all of that, even if it was only for a couple of albums.

Fug

Reaction score
Ian Anderson replacing the Thick As A Brick line-up.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TGIElvis7

Members online

No members online now.