What is the most brutal and harsh music you've heard?

DragonQuest3

Banned
Reaction score
I'm quite fond of harsh noises and morbid vocals. Love a good bleak and unrelenting atmosphere that really speaks to the grim side of my heart! I've found the 80s is the best place to go for this kind of thing. Here's some of the most brutal and harsh stuff I listen to.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=O6nlwO_4PDc

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=d9WE4rAmedI

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MMmBiYJyXog

This I would say is the heaviest thing ever though its probably easier on the ears for many.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=krw03hVF1RQ

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^Can't follow down that particular path DQ3, personally the brutal death metal and black metal I find disturbing more than entertaining.

But that's why there are so many different flavours to choose from, something for everybody to enjoy.;)

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
Here's some of the most brutal and harsh stuff I listen to.

:wtf:

To each his own, but I can't think of any reason anyone would listen to that on purpose or more than once. Not sure if that is supposed to be considered "music", but all I hear is a horribly, annoying noise.

At least there is some 'semblence of music in this one, but aside from putting this in a cheap horror movie, I can't think of any reason I'd listen to this more than once.

:wtf: ???

This I would say is the heaviest thing ever though its probably easier on the ears for many.

Still nothing I would listen to more than once in my life.

I'm not putting you or anyone else down for liking what you like, as I said, to each his own, but I have to ask... is this considered "music" by people that listen to it?

DragonQuest3

Banned
Reaction score
:wtf:

To each his own, but I can't think of any reason anyone would listen to that on purpose or more than once. Not sure if that is supposed to be considered "music", but all I hear is a horribly, annoying noise.

At least there is some 'semblence of music in this one, but aside from putting this in a cheap horror movie, I can't think of any reason I'd listen to this more than once.

:wtf: ???

Still nothing I would listen to more than once in my life.

I'm not putting you or anyone else down for liking what you like, as I said, to each his own, but I have to ask... is this considered "music" by people that listen to it?

Actually a lot of that can be put into genre ironically labeled as noise though these bands fall into the Industrial and Power electronic categories. Clearly its not supposed to be listened to like one would listen to a pop song on the radio. Believe it or not I find it very relaxing do to the textures of the harsh noises and morbid vocals, it helps keep my thoughts from wandering. I like the dark and bleak atmosphere as it speaks to the grim side of my heart. Most people don't realize this but harsh noises can be very enjoyable even AC/DC has harsh sounds and vocals in their music these artist though exploit it to a much further degree. It took me getting used to but once I did I saw the method behind the madness and realized its not just random noises its actually quite well crafted. I'm mainly speaking of Ramleh ofcourse.

That said not really sure why you came here if you dislike brutal music :/

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Actually a lot of that can be put into genre ironically labeled as noise though these bands fall into the Industrial and Power electronic categories. Clearly its not supposed to be listened to like one would listen to a pop song on the radio. Believe it or not I find it very relaxing do to the textures of the harsh noises and morbid vocals, it helps keep my thoughts from wandering. I like the dark and bleak atmosphere as it speaks to the grim side of my heart. Most people don't realize this but harsh noises can be very enjoyable even AC/DC has harsh sounds and vocals in their music these artist though exploit it to a much further degree. It took me getting used to but once I did I saw the method behind the madness and realized its not just random noises its actually quite well crafted. I'm mainly speaking of Ramleh ofcourse.

That said not really sure why you came here if you dislike brutal music :/

Curiosity brings me here........

Your explanation of NOISE is excellent. I can understand why you listen to something like this for concentration. Although, I am like LG and cannot follow you down the extreme path. I think once you reach our age, our actual hearing is affected by these sound extremes.....I know my ears can't take it.

When I was younger and in college, I would listen to some weird stuff to help me keep my focus on studying. More of a SOFT noise...:grinthumb

DragonQuest3

Banned
Reaction score
Curiosity brings me here........

Your explanation of NOISE is excellent. I can understand why you listen to something like this for concentration. Although, I am like LG and cannot follow you down the extreme path. I think once you reach our age, our actual hearing is affected by these sound extremes.....I know my ears can't take it.

When I was younger and in college, I would listen to some weird stuff to help me keep my focus on studying. More of a SOFT noise...:grinthumb

Ahh was it? I sometimes worry about my explanations but glad you think I did well lol. One thing that might be worth trying is to listen on low volume though or simply work your way up. Still its obviously not for everyone but even if its labeled as noise doesn't mean its just noisy and lacks structure. What soft noises do you enjoy?

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Gee, I honestly can't remember exactly what I would listen to.....

These days I would probably listen sounds like waterfalls, birds chirping, you know.....boring stuff.

You should go take that Pet sounds quiz......it would amaze you how weird some animal sounds can be :D

DragonQuest3

Banned
Reaction score
Gee, I honestly can't remember exactly what I would listen to.....

These days I would probably listen sounds like waterfalls, birds chirping, you know.....boring stuff.

You should go take that Pet sounds quiz......it would amaze you how weird some animal sounds can be :D

I asked cause I figured maybe I should suggest trying Brian Eno if you don't alreadyknow him.

I assumed that was a Beach boys thread :/

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bringzip

Members online

No members online now.