Thread Closed What Are You Listening To?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aero

Reaction score
Never really got into The Who back in the day but I'm starting to like them more now. 7.5/10.

P.S.--Glad you're enjoying my APP selections, Hydra. :****:

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
Classic Siouxsie ! I always liked the innovative guitar style...sounding oriental.Great vocals too. Easily a 9 out of 10 from me

Big Ears

Music Lover
Reaction score
There's a George Lynch version of Bark at the Moon, but I couldn't find a copy on YT. Apparently, Osbourne considered him for Blizzard of Ozz.

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
^^^^ Is that from years of listening to loud music? :uh:

1662265_10152217394453678_90788700_n.jpg

Yeah... guilty! :****:

:oy:

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
There's a George Lynch version of Bark at the Moon, but I couldn't find a copy on YT. Apparently, Osbourne considered him for Blizzard of Ozz.

Randy and George were friends. When Randy left to join Ozzy, he referred his guitar students to George who took over Randy's position at Randy's mom's music school.

As far as Ozzy goes, there are conflicting reports, so I'm not sure what is the true story and what is rumor/fiction, but right before Ozzy hired Jake E Lee, apparently he hired George. I think that their partnership only lasted a few of days. The two main stories that I've heard are:

1) Ozzy changed his mind and hired Jake a few days later.

2) George turned down Ozzy as Dokken was starting to gather a bit of momentum and George wanted to concentrate on that.

Not sure which is more accurate.

Anyway, regarding George recording Bark at the Moon, I'm not sure about that (but it wouldn't surprise me). I think that I have just about every album he's ever been on, aside from maybe one or two tribute albums he's guested on. I do know that George has recorded some of Randy's stuff with Ozzy:

Mr Crowley
Flying High Again
S.A.T.O.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jik32

Members online