Trivia

Orion

I'm A Member
Reaction score
I'm gunna take a shot in the dark and say Jerry Lee Lewis. I know he did some work with the guy in the past but I am at a loss here :D

pooldude

Older than Dirt
Reaction score
runtfan said:
In 1972, Peter Frampton was invited to join what American band (but politely declined to further pursue his solo career) ?

Jackson 5?

runtfan said:
:spit: Umm...good guess, but no. Tito was holding down the lead guitar spot back then :D

I got it! I got it! *Raises hand*

pfdvd.gif

Last edited:

runtfan

Reaction score
pooldude said:
Jackson 5?

I got it! I got it! *Raises hand*

pfdvd.gif

No, adding Frampton would have been a little too much "pretty boy" in one "band" to suit David Cassidy :tongue:

OK, I'll give it up...Frampton was asked to join Grand Funk. He decliined so they added Craig Frost on keyboards instead. Grand Funk had toured with Humble Pie so they were aware of Frampton's abilities and wanted him.

pooldude

Older than Dirt
Reaction score
Members from this famous 2nd tier English band went on to join Humble Pie & Foreigner.

They had a semi famous early '70s FM radio funk/prog/hard rock hit song called "The Wrong Time" among several others.

Name the band AND the original lead guitar player AND the famous American organ player who had bigger hits later in the '70s!

runtfan

Reaction score
I'm not too sure about this, but I'm guessing Spooky Tooth (???)

The guitarist would be Mick Jones and the organ player would be Gary Wright.

pooldude

Older than Dirt
Reaction score
runtfan said:
I'm not too sure about this, but I'm guessing Spooky Tooth (???)

The guitarist would be Mick Jones and the organ player would be Gary Wright.

Spooky Tooth & Gary Wright is correct.

While Mick Jones achieved tremendous success, later, with Foreigner...he was not the primary or most famous guitarist. He was actually more the fill-in guy, @ the end.

Luther Grosvenor was the guy who gave Spooky Tooth much of their sound, & he later joined Mott the Hoople when Mick Ralphs left, & Grosvenor took the name Aerial Bender.

20.jpg

Your turn RuntFan :grinthumb

magnoliasteve

Reaction score
It has to be Spooky Tooth. And speaking of Spooky Tooth, as folks were breaking off to form their bands, Luther Grosvenor changed his name and formed which band?

Orion

I'm A Member
Reaction score
magnoliasteve said:
It has to be Spooky Tooth. And speaking of Spooky Tooth, as folks were breaking off to form their bands, Luther Grosvenor changed his name and formed which band?

Mott the Hoople

Name change = Ariel Bender. Probabley from all the antennas he used to bend as a kid :D

pooldude

Older than Dirt
Reaction score
Luther Grosvenor aka Aerial Bender should have stayed with Spooky Tooth.

He didn't really fit in that great with Mott the Hoople; Mick Ralphs probably wrote better songs with Hunter, & obviously Ian Hunter preferred hanging & working with Mick Ronson, later. Grosvenor only lasted in Mott less than 2 years

Did anyone ever pick up on Luther Grosvenor's 1973 solo album "Under Open Skies"?

B0006FV63Y.01._AA240_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Murphy_orrest

Staff online

Members online