Trivia

Orion

I'm A Member
Reaction score
pooldude said:
What '70s Boogie Band had an FM radio hit with the lyrics "Shake That Fat...in every direction"?? :nana:

* Bonus points if you know the '60s band that the main songwriter sprung from!

Jo Jo Gunne

I actually have that in my itunes:

untitledre5.jpg

Orion

I'm A Member
Reaction score
pooldude said:
What '70s Boogie Band had an FM radio hit with the lyrics "Shake That Fat...in every direction"?? :nana:

* Bonus points if you know the '60s band that the main songwriter sprung from!

Oh yeah. Was it Western Union?

pooldude

Older than Dirt
Reaction score
My old band Whitehorse played with Jay Ferguson & JoJo Gunne back in 1974, in San Diego.

image.jpg

That's me on bass w/ Whitehorse, & Bob Deal aka Mick Mars on guitar, peeping out of the right corner:

image.jpg

image.jpg

JoJo Gunne vocalist / pianist Jay Ferguson & bassist Mark Andes were both formerly of the legendary LA band Spirit, along with another acquaintence of mine, the late Randy California, shown here in 1968:

image.jpg

You're @ bat, Orion.

Last edited:

Orion

I'm A Member
Reaction score
pooldude said:
You're @ bat, Orion.
In the form of Jeopardy :D

Credited with writing the classic "Hey Joe" he only recorded one album in 1975 "Thoughts Of California".

pooldude

Older than Dirt
Reaction score
Orion said:
Credited with writing the classic "Hey Joe" he only recorded one album in 1975 "Thoughts Of California".

"Hey Joe" has been credited to both songwriters Billy Roberts & Chester Powers, a pseudonym used by Dino Valente, famous for being in Quicksilver Messenger Service (Have Another Hit of Fresh Air). Valente also wrote "Get Together" for the Youngbloods.

I don't remember hearing any of Billy Roberts' other songs or albums, but he is generally recognized as the original author of the "Hey Joe" version later poularized by Hendrix, as well as the Leaves & the Byrds & countless others.

pooldude

Older than Dirt
Reaction score
Who was the famous keyboard player, who recorded with Carl Palmer on drums before ELP...& also played organ with a famous English shock rocker in the '60s?

Extra points if you can name this keyboardist's '70s prog / hard rock band, & the even more famous hit song he recorded in the late '60s!

3 Hints: A Bird (his name)...& Nuclear (his band)...& Flames(the song) :heybaby:

Orion

I'm A Member
Reaction score
How 'bout a tough one Pooldude :D

Vincent Crane
The Atomic Roosters
I'm sorry I don't remember the song

Vincent Crane went on to join Dexy's Midnight Runners in the 80's. Imagine that :D

pooldude

Older than Dirt
Reaction score
Orion said:
How 'bout a tough one Pooldude :D

Vincent Crane
The Atomic Roosters
I'm sorry I don't remember the song

Vincent Crane went on to join Dexy's Midnight Runners in the 80's. Imagine that :D

You're right...but you missed the easy part.

Vincent Crane's 1st brush with fame was as the musical director & organist for the Crazy World of Arthur Brown in '68.

"I Am the God of Hell-Fire...& I Bring You...Fire!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oD6NvBhwVtE

I saw Vincent on Atomic Rooster's "In Hearing Of" tour in '71 in San Diego. He was awesome.

image.jpg

I still play "Break Through" on my Korg synths.

image.jpg

My favorite Prog / Hard Rock album from '71

http://img.clubphoto.com/jerboa/119898866/512/null/image.jpg

Orion

I'm A Member
Reaction score
Q. Kiss recorded a cover of the rock anthem "God Gave Rock 'n' Roll To You". Who originally recorded this tune?

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bringzip

Members online