Trivia

TeleCat

Blackmore's Advocate
Reaction score
Since we've muddled the 60's trivia thread might as well have one for this decade.

What singer had a brief stint with Black Sabbath and actually performed Juniors Eyes with them on a BBC show during Ozzy's brief lay off in '77/'78?

photo hint:

Last edited:

pooldude

Older than Dirt
Reaction score
I believe that would be Dave Walker, who I 1st heard on the Savoy Brown album Street Corner Talking from around '72.

savoybrown_streetcorner.jpg

We used to play Walker's biggest hit with Savoy Brown "Tell Mama" in my old band in the early '70s.

Walker also briefly appeared with Fleetwood Mac in the Bob Welch era.

magnoliasteve

Reaction score
Since we are on Black Sabbath trivia, on their first album they had a classic song called "Evil Woman", which was actually a cover from a Minneapolis-based band from the late 60's. Anyone remember that band?

pooldude

Older than Dirt
Reaction score
magnoliasteve said:
Since we are on Black Sabbath trivia, on their first album they had a classic song called "Evil Woman", which was actually a cover from a Minneapolis-based band from the late 60's. Anyone remember that band?

OK MagSteve...it's been 4 days, & nobody knows the answer to this tidbit of useless info. I think it's time for you to break the suspense. :heheh:

In the meantime, here's a new '70s question:

Q: Who was the early NWoBHM band from Wales that was a fore-runner of the 3 piece "Van Halen" sound?

Hint: they had a kick ass dbl bass drum song called "Whiskey River".

2nd Hint: Weird Bird

Aren't there any old Metal-Heads in the crowd? :bump:

Last edited:

pooldude

Older than Dirt
Reaction score
New Wave of British Heavy Metal

Band: Budgie

http://www.amazon.com/Squawk-Budgie..._bbs_sr_1/104-1161950-4053546?ie=UTF8&s=music

Album: Squawk

Budgie_Squawk.jpg

These guys were a major influence on the 3 piece dbl bass riff rock of early Van Halen, back when VH was still primarily a young covers band.

Me & Mick Mars (then Bob Deal) actually turned Eddie on to Budgie when we were playing a gig with VH @ the Golden West Ballroom in Norwalk, back around '74.

Budgie never broke big in America, but they still play in the UK to this day, & they were cited as major influences on not only VH, but Metallica, as well.

This was Budgie back in the '70s:

zap_budgie.jpg

OK somebody...throw out another one! :heybaby:

Last edited:

Orion

I'm A Member
Reaction score
Q. What do Triumph, BTO and The Guess Who have in common?

Last edited:

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online