The Doors: Legends or Not?

Mr. Shadow

"Classic" Member
Reaction score
Both, and at the same time. Jim could be almost too trashed to perform yet his fans saw that as a part of the Doors' mystique. Without the rest of the band Morrison would have simply been unfamous and wasted.

elfranco

Reaction score
Both, and at the same time. Jim could be almost too trashed to perform yet his fans saw that as a part of the Doors' mystique. Without the rest of the band Morrison would have simply been unfamous and wasted.

Hmmm. To me that means he wasn't all that great. He should have been able to become a star with any group, NO? Ah well, The Doors existed in their "slot" and were gone. Fan loyalty will keep them alive. Just not my cup of tea.

JimmyByrne09

Reaction score
This is no debate. The Doors made a significant impact on the music industry back when they were together, and were one of the main gateways to rock and roll music we know and love today. With John Densmore's jazz-influenced drumming, combined with Robbie Krieger's unique guitar style, Ray's highly under rated organ playing and ESPECIALLY Jim's experimental use of dark lyrics and original poetry during on stage performances and even in the studio; The Doors came together as one of the best classic rock bands in history.

Rock.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I don't remember it either...some colorful comments further up the page...:heheh:

I like the Doors more now than ever, but they are one of those bands that I have to be in a particular mood to listen to.

They definitely don't suck though, I consider them a massively important band of their time.

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score
One band that I have grown to love through time. Jim Morrison is a great vocalist, and they were and always will be a big influential band for other bands.

Death on Credit

Reaction score
Jim Morrison was a drunken imbecile, and a douche bag.

The first two Doors albums are great, though. The band behind Morrison was far too talented for me to say that they "suck."

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score
The Doors were a fantastic band and IMO they never cut a dud album, they belong up with the greats.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hannibal37

Staff online

Members online