The Doors: Legends or Not?

The Beatles

retired
Reaction score
Some people say that Jim Morrison was a genius, while some say that he was scum. I personally like the doors, but I can certainly see why someone wouldnt. Discuss.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Hepcat will fill this one by himself...:heheh:

The Doors are a good band, I have changed my attitude about them,,,you should read Heps thread about them. I'll let him post the link to his "Homage" to all things Doors.:D

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Jim Morrison was larger than life on stage. He just couldn't handle life and his addictions got the best of him.

I liked the Doors, but I wouldn't say they are in my top 10 favorites.

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
Yeah...if "rock" and "suck" are too black and white for me. I personally don't like The Doors all the much but I wouldn't say that they suck.

Hepcat

retired
Reaction score
Some people say that Jim Morrison was a genius, while some say that he was scum. I personally like the doors, but I can certainly see why someone wouldnt. Discuss.

Whether Jim was a "genius" or not is irrelevant. So was his personality. The point of the matter is that the Doors recorded fabulous groundbreaking music unlike any that had come before their time. Only deranged unrepentant head bangers will deny that.

:****:

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
I would never say that the Doors "rocked". Roadhouse Blues is a bluesy-ish tune, but it rocks. However, most of their stuff definintely doesn't "rock" in my opinion. The stuff I like from the Doors, I really like. The stuff I don't like, I really don't like.

So, they definitely don't "suck" but they don't "rock" either. How's that for taking a non-stance? ;)

Flower

retired
Reaction score
The Doors would make my top 20 bands .. I think that they rock.

I do think that Jim Morrison had some drug related mental health issues but that's has nothing to do with the Doors music.

:grinthumb

elfranco

Reaction score
Ah, here is a band I've learned to pan. Manzarik once said that they were the most "prolific" musicians of their time. I disagree. My favorite tune by them is "People Are Strange". They were not fabulous musicians. They gave a good show because Lizard Man was preoccupied with his peeater. They were neither prolific, nor groundbreaking. That's just one opinon. I wouldn't go out of my to avoid their music, but there are so many other bands of that time who could bury them musically. Finally, music is such a personal experience that no two people will have the some content in their collection. There is enough music for everyone to get lost in. That is it's magic and it's power.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Murphy_orrest

Staff online

Members online