Some ideas

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I am working on a new banner for the header :)

I also am working on a couple new ideas for the image marquee you see on the front page.

We have discussed a new skin, and haven't found anything that is free that really suits us yet. The idea of old "parchment paper" and "old beaten wood" has been discussed. These skins would have to be custom made and that does cost money, so it would be up to the owner of the forum.

Post icons: I do have more (new) icons to add, just haven't gotten around to adding them yet. I was kind of waiting until we got the new skin to add them.

rollingstoned

Queens of the Stone Age
Reaction score
I am working on a new banner for the header :)

I also am working on a couple new ideas for the image marquee you see on the front page.

We have discussed a new skin, and haven't found anything that is free that really suits us yet. The idea of old "parchment paper" and "old beaten wood" has been discussed. These skins would have to be custom made and that does cost money, so it would be up to the owner of the forum.

Post icons: I do have more (new) icons to add, just haven't gotten around to adding them yet. I was kind of waiting until we got the new skin to add them.

I could maybe get a forum skin for us through a website I use called d2jsp.org

Basically I could trade forum gold for a vBulletin skin.

King Cobain

Grunge Head
Reaction score
So can we add the video game section to the forum? If it's inactive we can just delete it. It could be a sub-forum under Off-Topic.

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
I've been administrating my own forum with +3k users and after launching Arcade section most of them were focused on just that, which meant the average of daily posts had decreased quite a lot.

Not to mention, when you have a lot of active members, depending on what sort of server setup you have and how well you manage it, the arcade can be a major database clogger... depending on how many games you are running. One site I used to admin at ran into a major problem because of the arcade as well as some other issues. Then again, we had a few thousand members as well as about 200 aracade games. Dial that back a bit and it would be much more managable.

For the record, I do like an arcade option on vbulletin boards, but I can certainly understand the reasons given for not having one.

Nololob

Long Live Wock 'n' Woll
Reaction score
Not to mention, when you have a lot of active members, depending on what sort of server setup you have and how well you manage it, the arcade can be a major database clogger... depending on how many games you are running. One site I used to admin at ran into a major problem because of the arcade as well as some other issues. Then again, we had a few thousand members as well as about 200 aracade games. Dial that back a bit and it would be much more managable.

For the record, I do like an arcade option on vbulletin boards, but I can certainly understand the reasons given for not having one.

I admit that arcade doesn't work that well on MyBBs. MyBB itself has a lot of bugs after installing Arcade game section. I did have about 10 games, but that was enough to kill the life of the forum. That's obvious for a forum, where average age is 16. The forum doesn't exist anymore.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
And that is why I said earlier we are a Music Board first and foremost, and have no intention of becoming all things to all people.

Gamers have so many options it makes no sense to cater to them in here, in fact it's better for us to be an alternative to their regular hang-outs, there is the odd chance that they might discover some music they enjoy and spend less time gaming and more time listening to music.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
So can we add the video game section to the forum? If it's inactive we can just delete it. It could be a sub-forum under Off-Topic.

Good idea about the sub-forum. Well admins watcha think?

Here is the deal........in order for us to have a "sub-forum" for gamers and video games, we need to have threads to put in that forum.

Why don't you two make a few gamer's threads, be sure to tag the threads "video games", and we can see how much interest there would be in these type threads.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BarbaraTal

Staff online

Members online