Some ideas

rollingstoned

Queens of the Stone Age
Reaction score
Was thinking about ways to get the forums a little more interesting for it's members. Give them something to do besides just posting. Here's what I've come up with:

1-Add an arcade type game link for the forums. Could have contests for high scores and could be ranked top 10 for each game and maybe list the top player on there info screen near there post count, etc.

2-Special group, I say people who have been on CRF for over 2+ years and have over "X" amount of posts get a little icon underneath there name near there custom member title or something to make them feel special.

3-Also maybe a star system be put in, so users can have stars added next to there name for reaching certain amounts of post. like each color upgrade could mean more posts or something.

What do you guys think?
Post your ideas as well!
Lets get thinking on this.

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
I think the status ideas are cool but the arcade idea distracts from music posting too much IMO. I like that you are thinking about this stuff though! :cheers2

rollingstoned

Queens of the Stone Age
Reaction score
I think the status ideas are cool but the arcade idea distracts from music posting too much IMO. I like that you are thinking about this stuff though! :cheers2

Thats fine with me, do you think these things could be added? I've seen them on other forums but I don't have much experience with the Admin Control Panel on vBulletin forum scripts, I'm much better with Invision Power Boards (IPB).

I just want some cool stuff to help attract new music fans, and keep our current members happy. :)

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Thats fine with me, do you think these things could be added? I've seen them on other forums but I don't have much experience with the Admin Control Panel on vBulletin forum scripts, I'm much better with Invision Power Boards (IPB).

I just want some cool stuff to help attract new music fans, and keep our current members happy. :)

As a mod I don't get access to those features either so that's something LG or Magic could work in. Sounds simple enough though! :grinthumb

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Custom name badges or icons are possible. Let me think on this a bit, see what I can come up with.

We have discussed the arcade option in the past, and I have spoken with other admins who have them on their forums, and they really don't like the addition. I know it is a cool feature for people who do like to play games, but I just dont know if it is a good idea for a music forum. I am not totally closed minded on this, but I would want to hear what other members have to say about it............

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
No on the arcade, we are a music discussion board first and foremost, then social fun chat next. We are not a games arena, besides serious gamers will log out and launch their PS3, X-box and Wii's most likely.

I have nothing against the other suggestions though RS.:grinthumb

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score
I think instead of the star system, you could go with the reputation system. LG and Magic I believe are pretty familiar with that, as am I. It seems like it'd be pretty cool to have.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I have never thought much of the reputation system, it ends up becoming a "clique" thing more than a reflection on genuine contributions to the forum in general.(I have never seen it used properly in any forum I've been part of.)

I think a star or something else would be okay though if the members want something like that added.

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score
^That's understandable. Wasn't something I particularly cared for, it was something that came to mind with the topic at hand. Unfortunately, it is all about cliques with the system. "the higher the better" or whatever. Alright. No biggie ;)

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bringzip

Staff online

Members online