Some ideas

joe

Reaction score
Was thinking about ways to get the forums a little more interesting for it's members. Give them something to do besides just posting. Here's what I've come up with:

1-Add an arcade type game link for the forums. Could have contests for high scores and could be ranked top 10 for each game and maybe list the top player on there info screen near there post count, etc.

2-Special group, I say people who have been on CRF for over 2+ years and have over "X" amount of posts get a little icon underneath there name near there custom member title or something to make them feel special.

3-Also maybe a star system be put in, so users can have stars added next to there name for reaching certain amounts of post. like each color upgrade could mean more posts or something.

What do you guys think?
Post your ideas as well!
Lets get thinking on this.

With no disrespect. I agree with LG. This is a music site. If you want to play games then go to a gaming site.There is enough sub-forums and threads here already IMO.

Special group? What makes someone special? Just because they have been here for over two years they get a "badge" though they might have contribute very little both on quantity and quality.

I see it not much different either in regards to stars for quantity of posts. I've seen some members contribute a lot of posts but very seldom of quality and substance, if at all. I don't like the idea of a 5 star general ranking.

Just thoughts from a "joe six pack".

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^Joe Six Pack??

Is that a reference to your abs...or something else...?

1_21_beer_molson_canadian.jpg

:D

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I could also mean Joe has one extra finger...and packs a bigger punch

:heheh:

joe

Reaction score
^^Joe Six Pack??

Is that a reference to your abs...or something else...?:D

1_21_beer_molson_canadian.jpg

labatt_bl_6pk__large.jpg

I was a Blueman back in day LG. I still have a six pack even though I've been sitting on my azz the last year and a bit. Still a lean, mean fighting machine.:oyea:

I could also mean Joe has one extra finger...and packs a bigger punch

:heheh:

I've been meaning to talk to our resident Shaman about that Magic.:D

rollingstoned

Queens of the Stone Age
Reaction score
Here is the deal........in order for us to have a "sub-forum" for gamers and video games, we need to have threads to put in that forum.

Why don't you two make a few gamer's threads, be sure to tag the threads "video games", and we can see how much interest there would be in these type threads.

Ok sounds good. What section should I put them in? Just the general off-topic forum?

Edit-Also being able to write in all caps for certain things would be hand.

JimmyByrne09

Reaction score
Sorry if I'm forcing away from the current topic, but I had an idea about some possible Sticky's for the Musician's Corner. I was thinking that if there are any specific members on the forum who are in bands, or are working as solo artists, we could possibly put up some sticky's that feature the person's username and/or maybe the name of their band or music act: and they can use it to post YouTube videos, audio tracks, concert info, photos etc. to update the forum about their music.

Just a suggestion to break away from the pool of threads people are constantly posting, trying to promote their band but sometimes get no attention because new topics are constantly being brought up. I don't mean to sound biased by the way, just bringing up the possibility. It's all up to the Mods/Admins in the end, but I just wanted to see what others thought about it. :)

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score
Perhaps a songwriting/poetry section as well? That could be declined, it was just something I thought of.

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score
That's what I was thinking, which is why I wasn't expecting anything.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OEITrinida

Members online