Siouxsie and the Banshees (Official Thread)

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
SIOUXSIE AND THE BANSHEES

Formed in London UK 1976 , SIOUXSIE AND THE BANSHEES were originally associated with the English punk rock scene, their music evolving to post punk/gothic rock .Signing to Polydor 1978 , the band soon became popular ....The Banshees 1st single " Hong kong garden" was a big hit and Music papers in the UK fell in love with them. Never afraid to experiment with their sounds , they were commercially successful too having charted highly with a string of singles/albums in the 80s.
In 1984 Robert Smith from THE CURE even had a spell with the band on guitar'
Sadly they split in 1996 with singer Siouxsie and drummer "Budgie" continuing to record music as THE CREATURES
SIOUXSIE AND THE BANSHEES left a legacy of inspiring music and have influenced so many. I own copys of their albums and highly recomend them.......what a band !! :bow: Any more fans here on CRF ?

Dear prudence/Cities in dust/Christine/Monitor

SIOUXSIE AND THE BANSHEES Discography

The Scream 1978
Join hands 79
Kaleidoscope 1980
Juju 81
A kiss in the Dreamhouse 1982
Hyaena 84
Tinderbox 86
Through the looking glass 87
Peepshow 88
Superstition 1991
The Rapture 95Siouxsie+and+the+Banshees+s513.jpguntitled.jpg

Last edited:

2LITTLETIME

Reaction score
Re: Siouxsie and the Banshees [ Official thread]

Their first album the scream is a must-Very dark and sinister.

LOU/REALM

Reaction score

Agreed 2LITTLETIME ! ....just been playing it very recently. My favourite tracks from "The Scream" being "Mirage" and the excellent track that really got me into this band "Metal Postcard" .Legendary DJ John Peel played early Siouxsie and the Banshees and their sessions for Radio 1 were always something to look forward to.:grinthumb

Metal postcard/Hong Kong Garden

Taboo

Toward the Within
Reaction score

I've been wanting to give them a listen. What album should I start with? :)

LOU/REALM

Reaction score

I think the album" Tinderbox" is a good one to start with Taboo. Very dark atmospheric with tracks like....

This unrest

The albums featuring guitarist John McGeoch [ ex Magazine] are real cool.....other personal favourites

"Kiss in the Dreamhouse " [ lots of psychedelic/gothic sounds on this one excellent]

"Juju" [ Intense gothic album with tribal drumming etc very popular amongst Banshees fans

Spellbound

2LITTLETIME

Reaction score
Agreed 2LITTLETIME ! ....just been playing it very recently. My favourite tracks from "The Scream" being "Mirage" and the excellent track that really got me into this band "Metal Postcard" .Legendary DJ John Peel played early Siouxsie and the Banshees and their sessions for Radio 1 were always something to look forward to.:grinthumb

Metal postcard/Hong Kong Garden

I managed to get hold of 2 early peel sessions.Aint played them yet :grinthumb

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
That sounds like a wise purchase 2LITTLETIME ! I hope you enjoy them. I have been giving the early Banshees some play recently. I never did get round in getting the 2nd album "Join hands". Maybe soon.
The guitarist from the early days John McKay played some decent choppy/dischordant guitar which suited the dark overtones of Siouxsies voice.

Playground twist

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
Great track Sweaty !! :cheers2 "The passenger" cover version even had the approval of Iggy Pop who stated he really enjoyed it, liking the use of the brass section and Siouxsies vocals.Its taken from the covers album "Through the looking glass" which is superb !
Great covers to "Hall of mirrors" by Kraftwerk ,Your lost little girl by The Doors etc real quality stuff but the song which had me stumped was "Trust in me". I remember playing the album for the first time and thinking...hmm I know the song but couldnt remember who did it.
Eventually the penny dropped...it was Kaa the snake from the jungle book a film I hadnt seen since my childhood !! Spooky song...
The voice of Kaa the snake was by Sterling Holloway [cool name...] he also did the voice of Winnie the Pooh
I have also heard a more recent cover of "Trust in me" by Selena Gomez which was pretty good

Last edited:

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
The cover of "Hall of mirrors" one of my favourite songs by SIOUXSIE AND THE BANSHEES.I was fortunate to see them play" live "in the early 90s....great performance

Plus the inspired cover to The Doors "Your lost little girl"

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrentonBeo

Members online

No members online now.