Siouxsie and the Banshees (Official Thread)

joker1961

Skaven Swear Runner
Reaction score
SIOUXSIE AND THE BANSHEES

Formed in London UK 1976 , SIOUXSIE AND THE BANSHEES were originally associated with the English punk rock scene, their music evolving to post punk/gothic rock .Signing to Polydor 1978 , the band soon became popular ....The Banshees 1st single " Hong kong garden" was a big hit and Music papers in the UK fell in love with them. Never afraid to experiment with their sounds , they were commercially successful too having charted highly with a string of singles/albums in the 80s.
In 1984 Robert Smith from THE CURE even had a spell with the band on guitar'
Sadly they split in 1996 with singer Siouxsie and drummer "Budgie" continuing to record music as THE CREATURES
SIOUXSIE AND THE BANSHEES left a legacy of inspiring music and have influenced so many. I own copys of their albums and highly recomend them.......what a band !! :bow: Any more fans here on CRF ?

Dear prudence/Cities in dust/Christine/Monitor

SIOUXSIE AND THE BANSHEES Discography

The Scream 1978
Join hands 79
Kaleidoscope 1980
Juju 81
A kiss in the Dreamhouse 1982
Hyaena 84
Tinderbox 86
Through the looking glass 87
Peepshow 88
Superstition 1991
The Rapture 95

f-f-f-f-f-f-f-f-f-f-f-fabulous Siouxsie and the Banshees fell in love with her the first time saw them live w-w-w-w-w-w-w-w-w-w--w-w-w-wonderful music to dark with a hint of light.

joker1961

Skaven Swear Runner
Reaction score
my personnel top albums from Siouxsie and the Banshees are:

The Scream
Tinder Box
JUJU

what are yours Phil.B

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

Mr Mojo Risin

Cactus Brew Drinker
Reaction score
Post-punk masters. They are really cool, their influence on music cannot be understated either.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
i never gave Siouxsie & The Banchees the time of day, BECAUSE at one time all my mind registered was people saying they are a punk band. I was/still am not a big fan of punk rock.

Anyway, it’s a good thing I have been going through threads restoring the videos because I actually “listen” to them.

I like the debut album. It’s got a dark gothic vibe I enjoy. Not at all what my mind imagined.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
juliebell

Staff online

Members online