Siouxsie and the Banshees (Official Thread)

Taboo

Toward the Within
Reaction score
I've been hooked on Juju lately, great album! Next on my list is Tinderbox.

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
Siouxsie is back !!! She will be playing The Royal Festival Hall in London UK as part of the Meltdown Festival. This will be her 1st "Live "performance for over 5 years. Theres no holding this great lady back....
I recently purchased one of the later SIOUXSIE AND THE BANSHEES albums "The Rapture"..very good it is too
Still one to add to the collection is SIOUXSIEs last release a solo album "Mantaray".....good to see the late,great guitarist John Mcgeoch get a mention in the interview
"Mantaray"
263130_124922267709289_772530965_n.jpg

Last edited:

Black Dahlia

A Seasoned Witch
Reaction score
smiley1299_zpsc41913b2.gif
Great to see Siouxsie again! Love her hair in the interview clip.

"Dazzle" - Siouxsie & The Banshees

"Cities In Dust" - Siouxsie & The Banshees

Last edited:

Aero

Reaction score
I had chick friends back in the day who loved Souxsie. To me, they were a good band with lots of melodius songs with good hooks, and Souxsie always seemed kind of like the female version of Robert Smith.

However, I didn't like them as much as The Cure. And now I think they sound dated. Cities in Dust doesn't sound nearly as good today as something like Just Like Heaven.

ianmartinblin

Reaction score
Last month, the debut album of "Savages" received rapturous reviews and has been compared to Siouxsie and the Banshees. Siouxsie is an excellent band.

Siouxsie has been cited by The Smiths, both Johnny Marr and Morrissey. She has been
covered by LCD Soundsystem, Massive Attack, Tricky, Jeff Buckley, Red Hot Chili Peppers... Their best albums are Kaleidoscope and Juju

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
I checked out the music of the band SAVAGES Ian....what can I say ..excellent!! Thanks for the introduction...I will be checking them out more !! The girl singers voice is so close to early SIOUXSIE its scary.
Yes SIOUXSIE has been a big influence to many over the years ....bands like Esben and the Witch,Faith and the muse,Mephisto Waltz,The Breath of Life,Reliquary....come to mind.

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
An appropiate track for today :grinthumb ...from one of my favourite Siouxsie and The Banshees album "Juju"

Halloween

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HildredLad

Members online