Rod Stewart (Official Thread)

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Re: Rod Stewart

^^^ Very Cool!!!! :grinthumb

Here's a cool old clip I'm quite fond of...I love this tune!

Maggie May

snakes&ladders

Reaction score
Re: Rod Stewart

GREAT ARTIST!!!! He DID NOT wimp out on us....not even in the stupid 80s!!!!:):)

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
I know there are fans that don't care for Rod when he strated to get into the later part of his career, but I always liked Foolish Behaviour as well as a bit of PASSION

electric funeral

Just listening music
Reaction score
An oldie by Rod, a great rocking track!! I like his early work a lot.

Every Picture Tells a Story

:grinthumb

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Rod really shines on his soulful side. He has quite a few duets on this album that are worth listening to as well as some covers of old Motown songs. His voice sounds solid for a guy 64 years old (his age in 2009), he sounds like a crooner.

2009 Soulbook

Soulbook.jpg

Same Old Song - Four Tops Cover

Just My Imagination - Temptations cover

aerozep3207

Reaction score
I love Rod's work from Faces until now...He's like Zeppelin or the Beatles where he is a throwback to good old rock 'n' roll and not affraid to take on any style of music no matter what it is. That's a true artist.

keep those model subway trains running - watch the closing doors :D

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Rod Stewart, ‘It’s Over’ – Song Review

SOURCE LINK

It’s less than a month before the May 7 release date of Rod Stewart‘s new album, ‘Time.’ Yesterday (April 15) he unveiled ‘It’s Over.’

In the lyric, Stewart describes a marriage that is ending in an acrimonious divorce after only five years. He runs through a litany of everything involved — the lawyers, the damage to the kids, the effects on their shared friendships — all of which nails home the point that they’re past the point of reconciliation.

The song is a bit too literal and specific for most people to put their own experiences into it. A bit of ambiguity would have gone a long way towards making it more universal, but there’s still enough here with which anyone who’s had a long relationship end can identify.

Still, as with ‘She Makes Me Happy,’ it’s probably about as good as you can expect from Stewart these days, and it’s considerably better than ‘Finest Woman.’ Then again, Stewart’s breakup songs are traditionally better than his love songs. The production is crystal-clear, even if the string-heavy arrangement — complete with a telegraphed key change — is a bit schmaltzy. The performances, including Stewart’s vocals, are first-rate.

With any Rod Stewart breakup song, you reflexively think, “Which of his supermodel ex-wives or girlfriends inspired this one?” But keep in mind that, even though Stewart has been married to his third wife, Penny Lancaster, since 2007, his first marriage, to Alana Hamilton, lasted only five years, from 1979-84.

While that may seem like ancient history, keep in mind that, in the press release that announced ‘Time’s’ arrival, Stewart admitted that working on his autobiography jarred loose some memories that kick-started the lyric-writing process. Although we can’t say that this is specifically about his divorce from Hamilton, we’re at least glad that he’s not singing about the end of his habit of taking cocaine anally.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Rod Stewart Would Like to Reunite the Faces

Rod-Stewart-Ethan-Miller.jpg

SOURCE LINK

Now that Rod Stewart has rediscovered his songwriting muse, the rock legend is thinking about reviving another aspect of his storied past. In a new interview, Stewart said that he’s up for a long-awaited reunion of the Faces.

Speaking to the U.K. tabloid the Sun, Stewart hinted that it was being discussed, but a major scheduling conflict popped up for one of its members. “Well, we were on for it but he got nabbed back by the Rolling Stones, didn’t he?” he said. “But let them have him, because my eyes are on next year.”

Stewart, of course, is referring to his longtime partner-in-crime Ron Wood, whose departure for the Stones in 1975 helped bring about the Faces’ inevitable implosion. In 2010 and 2011, the other surviving members of the band toured as the Faces – with Mick Hucknall of Simply Red on vocals and Glen Matlock of the Sex Pistols on bass for the late Ronnie Lane – but a full-fledged reunion with Stewart on vocals hasn’t happened.

Still, it’s been on Stewart’s mind for a while. He was set to perform with them at their induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame last year, but a last-minute illness forced his cancellation. But it’s not just Wood’s time with the Stones that’s preventing the reunion from taking place. Stewart’s solo tour, especially with the release of ‘Time,’ means that his calendar is dance card is full for 2013.

“We’ve got the U.K. tour coming up with the residency at Caesars Palace in Las Vegas,” he continued. “After that then we can start thinking about the Faces. Exciting times ahead — that’s for sure.”

So, with Rod Stewart considering splitting time between his solo career and the Faces again, it seems that the 68-year old singer has – at least partially – recaptured his youth. Can a return to the days of taking cocaine anally be that far behind?

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I can't remember which of his ex's commented about Rod, but she called him..."He's really mean....and he knows it." So nothing he writes or sings about from personal experience surprises me.

I'm not interested in what he's done recently and don't care if he tours with the Faces or not.

I did almost pick up a copy of Night on the Town at the used record shop on Sunday, but got a BOC album instead.:D

Sweaty

ThE OtHeR rAmOnE
Reaction score
I have a number of his early albums on CD and they are excellent, here is a tune from Gasoline alley.

You're my girl

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustybroom

Staff online

Members online