Rod Stewart (Official Thread)

rtbuck

Reaction score
In the late 70’s along with my hard & heavy bands like Kiss, AC/DC, Nugent, Sabbath, BOC..ETC...I was heavy into The Rolling Stones & Chuck Berry. I knew of the radio hits of Rod Stewart like Your in my Heart, Maggie May, Tonight’s the Night, Do ya think I’m Sexy...etc. One night on Don Kirshners Rock concert tv show they showed a video of Hot Legs which I really liked the tune but still looked at Stewart as a AMRadio pop star. I was at my friend’s house who had HBO & Showtime & there was a Rod Stewart concert on and wow what a rock & roll show that was. That show rocked kind of like a Stones show and I loved it(other than Rod dry humping the stage floor). I became a fan and bought a couple Rod Stewart albums and then discovered the Faces and Ronnie Wood was in that band! Even the album Tonight I’m Yours which was very pop with tunes like the title track & Young Turks rocked with tunes like Tora Tora Tora & a rockin cover of Johnny Burnette Trio’***** Tear it up. I love all Stewart hits and of course those rockers like Blondes have more Fun, She won’t Dance with Me, Better off Dead,Tora Tora Tora, Tear it up...etc I became a huge Faces fan and A Nod is as Good as a Wink to a Blind Horse is in my top 10 favorite albums of all time

jeffnc

Reaction score
Some trivia for y'all. Youngsters think The First Cut is the Deepest is Sheryl Crow's song. Of course we know the Rod Stewart version is the best. Some of you might even know who originally wrote the song. But I think it would be a rare person who would know who first performed this song (i.e. released a recording of it.) High five and my respect to anyone who knows without looking it up:

a) the writer
b) the first released performance
c) the second released performance

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online