Rod Stewart (Official Thread)

TheFeldster

Mr Kite
Reaction score
Re: Rod Stewart

Rod Stewart is one of those great artists I respect that doesn't have much in my library.

All I own is "Unplugged.... and Seated" as well as one track by Faces off of a compilation.

rollingstoned

Queens of the Stone Age
Reaction score

My dad's friend is obsessed with Rod Stewart, she loves him and hates Mick Jagger for some reason. It's quite funny...

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score

I like 90's pop Stewart the best! Such uplifting fun songs! I took a long time before buying a good hits collection from him because they all focused on the Maggie May era stuff which was bland and boring to my ears personally. Here are my Stewart favs not listed yet:

Forever Young

Rhythm of my Heart

Downtown Train

The Motown Song
(Rod has soul)

Sweaty

ThE OtHeR rAmOnE
Reaction score

I also like his 90's stuff but no where near as good as the 70's stuff but it is down to personal taste.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

I only have his 70's and a bit of his 80's stuff Sweaty, so I agree with you.

I know he has been doing his cover albums the last few years, but I don't have any of them.

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score

I only have his 70's and a bit of his 80's stuff Sweaty, so I agree with you.

I know he has been doing his cover albums the last few years, but I don't have any of them.

I don't like his covers direction but it was brilliant of him! He made mucho bucks off of those from grannies! He earned the right to cash in I think! :grinthumb

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

One thing that always made me laugh about old Rockin' Rod, due to some kind of dispute way back in the late 60's early 70's whenever Elton John released a new album, Rod would go on holidays leave England and pretend it never happened...I don't know if they are still at odds but that was just too funny.:lmao:

I think if you add it up,,,Elton > Rod, as far as sales and concert attendance goes.:grinthumb

Sweaty

ThE OtHeR rAmOnE
Reaction score

I agree, I don't really like his covers stuff but if he likes it then that's great, he still is a great singer and some of his songs still inspire me.

Last edited:

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

61g4z8QOeUL.jpg

You Wear it Well

Mine For Me

Find member

Forum statistics