Rod Stewart (Official Thread)

Dave78

Dave's not here, man
Reaction score
Re: Rod Stewart

I only had Footloose and Fancy Free growing up but if anyone doesn't know where to start with his voluminous discography I highly recommend his four disc box set Storyteller. That covers every hit from Rod the Mod you could ever want from the late 60's to the early 90's.

His 80's material was fun to listen to as well- especially his live album from 1982.

I think I may have even lifted a few dance moves from him back in the 80's. Accourse I was probably drinking beers, too, so that didn't help matters. :lmao:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

^^Any pictures of you on the dance floor Dave?...:heheh:

Tiny Tim

Reaction score

we're exact opposites on this one:heheh:

I'm with Tattoo on this. His first four solo records (essentially Faces records) are good and I love his Faces and JBG stuff. I could probably make one good mix CD out of the records he put out after Atlantic Crossing. I don't hate it, just doesn't grab me.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

I was never a big Faces fan, but I was surprised when I found out how popular that old band was back in the day. They did some good songs, but I just enjoy early Rod's solo albums a little more.

I know TT my credibility was shot in this thread when I posted "Do Ya Think I'm Sexy?" anyway...:lmao:

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

I was never a big Faces fan, but I was surprised when I found out how popular that old band was back in the day. They did some good songs, but I just enjoy early Rod's solo albums a little more.

I know TT my credibility was shot in this thread when I posted "Do Ya Think I'm Sexy?" anyway...:lmao:

I know I went .....
gosh.gif
...When you posted that, LG. And I suppose you also like

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

I'm very fond of this disc!

353cf0cdd7a0d9fcddf07110.L._AA240_.jpg

Hot Legs

You're in My Heart

Reaction score

I love the video for hotlegs... I was going to cover that in a band, but we split up before we could all learn it... I actually forgot about that until now, I don't know if that's soemthing I want to remember or not:confused:
oh well, cool video and song:D

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

Just an FYI, Rod and wife Penny Lancaster are having a baby! The baby is due March 2011. Reports say they are expecting a boy. This baby will be the second child the couple has together and Rod's 8th child.

Picture from Oct.
article-0-0B8176D7000005DC-13_468x681.jpg

Congrats to the couple!

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shannan518

Staff online

Members online