Rate the Song Discussion

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
A good inspired choice made by AERO the other day on the RATE THE SONG ABOVE YOU thread. Shame I didn't get to mark it as I would have given it high marks.:grinthumb

A kind of kingdom....THE WILD FLOWERS

I had to check my vinyl collection...yes I have the song on 12 in vinyl, a couple of albums [ sure I had 3 hmm ] and a few singles including their debut. THE WILD FLOWERS were a great 80s indie rock band from Wolverhampton UK in similar style to say Echo and the Bunnymen and Icicle Works.
I was lucky to have seen the band play "live" years ago, my memories gone it could have been in Stoke or Loughborough but they were impressive.
I had to look up their discography and was surprised they made an album in 1997

Discography

The joy of it all.....1984
Dust.......................87
Sometime soon........88
Tales like these........90
Backwoods..............97

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
....bit of a connection with THE WILD FLOWERS . The original bass player Pete Waldron was previously with a band THE MATURE YOUNG ADULTS who were pretty good . I formed a band with their ex guitarist ....we never hit the hights but we did once support PULP would you believe [ well before they were famous ]

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
Got to agree with you Aero....her tattoo is frightening. Her driving skills are shocking too !!:wtf: :heheh:

Aero

Reaction score

When I first heard this, I thought this was their old stuff...which it is. But, the lyrics are:

"Remember the good old 1980s?
When things were so uncomplicated?
I wish I could go back there again
And everything could be the same."

And yet Jeff Lynne wrote this in 1981! I don't know what he was thinking at the time but the lyrics fit our society now more than ever.

How prophetic of him...

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
V1nnipoof

Staff online

Members online