Psychedelic Furs

Hurdy Gurdy Man

Reaction score
I have their "Forever Now" album but almost always just listen to "Love My Way" and occasionally "President Gas" I don't know why I'm not giving the rest of the album a chance. I also have a 12" single of the theme from "Pretty In Pink".Indeed,I have admired their brand of rock since the 80's genereally,but not a HUGE fan.However,I understand that they had a fairly sizeable cult following back in the 80's.Of course,with "Love My Way" and "Pink" and the "Forever Now" album,they did enjoy some commercial successs.................

kath

astronomy domino's™
Reaction score
oh mannn, i luvv the furs. i saw em in a tiny lil bar in baton rouge, must've been 82. the brothers butler got in a brawl onstage. what a show. mwhaha.

i'll take em from the debut album all the way through mirror moves, more or less.

my fave song is 'the ghost in you', but that's for personal, sentimental reasons.

p.s. hurdy gurdy man... another track i luvv off of forever now is run and run. my fave album. todd rundren produced it, ya know...

Mondaychild

Banned
Reaction score
oh mannn, i luvv the furs. i saw em in a tiny lil bar in baton rouge, must've been 82. the brothers butler got in a brawl onstage. what a show. mwhaha.

i'll take em from the debut album all the way through mirror moves, more or less.

my fave song is 'the ghost in you', but that's for personal, sentimental reasons.

p.s. hurdy gurdy man... another track i luvv off of forever now is run and run. my fave album. todd rundren produced it, ya know...

Me too! I love ghost in you...it's got such a great melody! I find myself crying to it a lot...lol! I love them too!! Nice to hear someone else appreciates them so much!!!!

kath

astronomy domino's™
Reaction score
Me too! I love ghost in you...it's got such a great melody! I find myself crying to it a lot...lol! I love them too!! Nice to hear someone else appreciates them so much!!!!

yes indeed.

to this day, whenever i hear ghost in you, doesn't matter where, my hand's going out and *somebody* is dancing with me to it. mwhaha. it's true. i can't help it.

Mondaychild

Banned
Reaction score
yes indeed.

to this day, whenever i hear ghost in you, doesn't matter where, my hand's going out and *somebody* is dancing with me to it. mwhaha. it's true. i can't help it.

Wow...we must be soul mates!!! I have xm and they play it a lot on 1st wave...classic alternative channel. I always check for it! I haven't run into many people that love them like I do. Glad to meet you!

Fabio

Reaction score
Anyone like them?? If you do, what's your favorite song?

For me they were an excellent band, their frontman was really charismatic and had a very recognizable voice, kind of a mixture between Bowie and Iggy.
Their first album, before Pretty in pink and the commercial success in USA, were an excellent examples of serious New wave.

I adore this tune, a masterpiece for me.

Mondaychild

Banned
Reaction score
For me they were an excellent band, their frontman was really charismatic and had a very recognizable voice, kind of a mixture between Bowie and Iggy.
Their first album, before Pretty in pink and the commercial success in USA, were an excellent examples of serious New wave.

I adore this tune, a masterpiece for me.

Hi Fabio...very nice to see another furs fan!!! I think there aren't enough of us. We should start a club! Yes, Butler has a very charismatic voice your right. Hope to bump into you again somewhere on the boards!! Welcome!

Hurdy Gurdy Man

Reaction score
Just as their band name suggests,there were indeed some psych rock moments,but I always considered them to be more of an '80's New Wave sort of thing.Maybe this one could go either way.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shannan518

Members online

No members online now.