Psychedelic Furs

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
I tend to agree with you Hurdy Gurdy Man the Furs were more 80s new wave/post punk. Psychedelic ? I personally couldn't find any of this style in their music. After all its just a band name..they didn't have to live up to it.
Good band !
Here is a reminder of their Discography

The Psychedelic Furs......1980
Talk talk talk......1981
Forever now...1982
Mirror moves....84
Midnight to Midnight....87
Book of days.............89
World outside...........91

I have checked my vinyl collection to see I have the "Talk talk talk" Lp and various 7 and 12 inch singles

The 1st album was brill...why haven't I got it :bonk:

Favourite tracks....a lot been mentioned already.President gas,Aeroplane, Sister Europe [ good choice ! ]

Aero

Reaction score
Psyche Furs were such an underrated band!

Very distinctive music that stood out from the rest. I love their first few albums but my favorite song is probably Heartbreak Beat.

Mondaychild

Banned
Reaction score
Psyche Furs were such an underrated band!

Very distinctive music that stood out from the rest. I love their first few albums but my favorite song is probably Heartbreak Beat.

Yes, that is also one of my favorites!!

mrJim

Reaction score
The Furs produced some good music but I always had a hard time knowing what to expect from them. I kind of thought of them as new wave or just alternative rock even with the whole pretty and Pink thing. But then after pretty and pink they seemed commercially minded... or rock'ish or :confused:

so for me even though I think they did some good music I never knew what to expect and some of it was really a big yawn. feast or famine I guess

but never thought of them a Psychedelic

Jim

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online