Pink Floyd (Official Thread)

runningshoes

Great White North
Reaction score
I've listened to the first two songs. I don't dislike it. The second one has a Shine On/Welcome To The Machine thing going on.

Luckily I had Meddle close by so I put that on. I'll listen to more later.

Vader

Veteran Of A Thousand Psychic Wars
Reaction score
The Endless River has grown on me quite a bit since first listen. I just ordered the limited edition along w/some t-shirts and other CDs from amazon.

Jonny Come Lately

The New Kid In Town
Reaction score
I love that version of Echoes! I know it's only an abridged version but it's superbly done all the same. I particularly enjoy the part at the beginning where Dave is playing that great, vaguely triumphant sounding riff shortly before the whole band comes in.

I think I'll post a different kind of video, this being an interesting recording of Pigs On The Wing from the Animals Tour, although what distinguishes this particular performance is not the song itself but an angry tirade from Roger Waters, irritated at fans screaming and setting off fireworks, who stops the song to vent his feelings - and gets cheered for it. You can definitely see where some of his ideas for The Wall came from. The audience cheering his rant at them may well have inspired, to use the most striking example, In The Flesh's fascist attack on minority groups within Pink's audience.

WARNING: Contains language which may offend (a couple of 'F-bombs' from Roger if you want to know before listening. Not suitable for school or work, but an interesting moment in Floyd history).

Pigs On The Wing (Angry Version)

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online