Roger Waters Has Re-Recorded ‘Dark Side’ Without Pink Floyd

gguerra

Reaction score
So what, he wrote it, let him. It really doesn't accomplish anything. I for one will not be buying it. I had it on LP, then CD, that's it. I'm done with it and I prefer the classic version played by the whole band.

This is his take on it.

The rocker insisted that his motive behind behind the project was to better convey the album’s central theme, following “the voice of reason.” “Not enough people recognized what it’s about, what it was I was saying then,” he opined.

dr wu

Dr Prog
Reaction score
Well not sure how much he wrote since it's him doing the talking.....my guess is he came up with the idea/concept and wrote the lyrics. Did he write all the music and melody lines...probably not and he certainly did not play it all. The man is a narcissist.

On another issue he also has some bad ideas about people and politics... the latest on that.
btw if this is not allowed my apologies.

gguerra

Reaction score
Well not sure how much he wrote since it's him doing the talking.....my guess is he came up with the idea/concept and wrote the lyrics. Did he write all the music and melody lines...probably not and he certainly did not play it all. The man is a narcissist.
Looked it up. They are all listed as composers plus he was the lyricist.

I like his music although it can be a bit depressing at times to be honest. I despise the politics.

recgord27

Walking down a dusty road
Reaction score
So what, he wrote it, let him. It really doesn't accomplish anything. I for one will not be buying it. I had it on LP, then CD, that's it. I'm done with it and I prefer the classic version played by the whole band.
Wholeheartedly agree with this sentiment. How on earth does he think that he can improve on the original? First that awful remake of Comfortably Numb, now this!

Nai Noswad

Reaction score
I don't care much for the re-make either... but his political angle is spot on. Seems today that anyone who goes against the narrative is a conspiracy theorist... sad that likers of music take this stance... especially when music and the arts thrives and gets inspiration from struggle, complaint and questioning the mainstream.

dr wu

Dr Prog
Reaction score
I don't care much for the re-make either... but his political angle is spot on. Seems today that anyone who goes against the narrative is a conspiracy theorist... sad that likers of music take this stance... especially when music and the arts thrives and gets inspiration from struggle, complaint and questioning the mainstream.
Free speech and constructive criticism is one thing but he is overtly anti -semitic and bad mouthed Ukraine multiple times. He has also taken the PLO side when it comes to Israel. While Israel is not without it's issues supporting the PLO is supporting Islamic terrorism.
*again apologies if political comments are not allowed*

Nai Noswad

Reaction score
There is the rub... Anyone can say what they want.... Others will agree, some not... and there may be consequences.. sadly Ukrainian basic peoples are the only sufferers here in this proxy fiasco. America is involved in a 21st century Vietnam. The Ukraine has been one of the most corrupt countries for many decades.

dr wu

Dr Prog
Reaction score
There is the rub... Anyone can say what they want.... Others will agree, some not... and there may be consequences.. sadly Ukrainian basic peoples are the only sufferers here in this proxy fiasco. America is involved in a 21st century Vietnam. The Ukraine has been one of the most corrupt countries for many decades.
Well...you are right about one thing....the innocent Ukraine people are suffering. :(

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magicmoments

Staff online

Members online