Partridge Family (Official Thread)

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
:flirt:blush2: Great excuse to bump this thread GCCZEP !!
Wow those blue eyes !! Susan Dey !!! Susan Deyyyy !!!!!!! Im like a lovestruck teenager all again. She still looks well nowadays bless........

Attachments

• imagesCAHGGL2G.jpg
    imagesCAHGGL2G.jpg
    7.1 KB · Views: 18
  • Susan Dey picture a19.jpg
    Susan Dey picture a19.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 19
  • susan-dey-02.jpg
    susan-dey-02.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 19

Jake T

Running With The Pack
Reaction score
I think Susan Dey is attractive. But probably not as much as the person who created this video tribute.

Bread - Baby I'm a Want You

opera races

Reaction score
The Partridge Family - that was my FAVORITE TV show at the time and still is one of my favorites to this day. Frankly I think it's held up very well and much better than The Brady Bunch - which I can't stand now. It was not only funny but interestingly when you study and think about it actually was very down to earth.

Originally the show was supposed to be loosely based on The Cowsills ...

Yes, I agree the first s/t album is quite a good record ... lots of good songs and memories of the show. I remember a friend of mine explaining to me and showing me on the records that it was actually Shirley, David and a bunch of studio musicians performing and not the "family" on the TV show - I was so SHOCKED! Then again I was about 9 or 10. My friend had all the albums, etc. I forget the exact reasons why but couldn't convince or didn't even ask my parents to buy me the records. I did have both complete sets of the Partridge Family bubble gum cards though. Don't have them with me and kind of kick myself for not keeping them with me. By the time I got to where I was buying my own records ... I thought I was a bit too old for them and their time at least in the 70's had passed anyway.

I finally found a vinyl copy of the first Partridge Family album during my thrift shop madness ... and a couple other of their albums too. Took me awhile because it's very difficult to find most of those records by "family" groups from the 70's (e.g. Partridge, Osmond, Jackson, DeFranco, etc.) in any kind of decent condition.

Mr. Bob Dobolina

Reaction score

This is my favorite Partridge tune. In the episode, Bobby Sherman and Wes Stern write the song. This set them up for a spin off show that didn't last too long. The funny thing is, the tune was used with different lyrics and a different title in season one.

Natty Boh

I'm The Whistler
Reaction score
Don't really know of many songs by The Partridge Family but this tune I will always have entrenched in my head forever. In the 12th Grade of High School I was in a 12 student Choir Group and in our several Spring Concerts we would always open up with the song "Together(Havin' A Ball) which ironically wasn't even sung by David Cassidy or even Shirley Jones but just used in the show. We practiced and performed that song what seemed to be a million times that Spring and even performed it at a concert in Hershey Park Pa. in 1985.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ElviraPeth

Staff online

Members online