METALPRIEST

Reaction score
obipo2007.jpg

Official Website

On (1980)
Quick Turns (1981)
Fallin' In (1997)
Live At Fitzgeralds (1998)

, a band born out of Chicago, released its first album "ON" in 1979, including the hit singles "Stay in Time" and "Full Moon Turn Your Head Around".

"ON", was the debut album and sold nearly 300,000 copies in hometown Chicago alone, however, in other parts of the world, this was not so. Atlantic re-released "ON" on CD, which is available through all retail outlets.

41nROd2mtNL._SS500_.jpg

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Re: Off Broadway

Hey, what a coincidence! I was just doing another Chicago band! :heheh: Must be something in the water because these guys are good to and know agood hook as well as how to play with a great energy! :grinthumb

Odysseus

Kustom Kartilage
Reaction score

Great band. They were quite popular in Southeastern Wisconsin for a couple of years in the early 80's. Heavily rotated on the local FM stations at the time. They did a mini concert before a Milwaukee Brewers game I attended in 81.

Shoes are another cool band from Zion, Illinois around that time as well.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

Check the cartwheel at 2:50

Last edited:

runtfan

Reaction score

Yeah, I remember them well and have "On" on CD. Funny, "Full Moon..." was one of the coolest radio tunes of that time period, in my mind, and I've yet to find anybody anywhere outside of Chicagoland who's heard it. It got plenty of play on WLS that's for sure. "On" is a great album.

Travelin' Man

Reaction score

Geez, you guys impress the hell out of me. Off Broadway was one of the last bands I would have expected to see mentioned here. I've mentioned in other threads that I lived in Champaign, Illinois. I was there during the early 80's and Off Broadway was damned near considered a local band. They got a fair amount of airplay.

I saw them warm up for Billy Squire in......geez....1982 or 1983...it's all such a blur. At that time, however, they went by the name USSA. The name didn't matter to me because I liked the music. While I was never much of a fan of new wave, Off Broadway was sort of a hybrid of of classic rock and new wave. They were palatable for me. They reminded me of Marshall Crenshaw and that's certainly not a bad thing.

"You try to pinch our girlfriends
with your selfish shellfish claw..."

What a great lyric!

Last edited:

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

Found a great studio (and good quality) version of...

Full Moon Turn My Head Around to share :grinthumb

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
V1nnipoof

Staff online

Members online