Tom Waits (Official Thread)

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
Tom Waits' attempt at a private listening party for his upcoming album "Bad As Me"...

I sincerely think he's one of the funniest guys in music. :heheh:

WhatWentWrong22441

Reaction score
Closing time is by far is best album, especially OI55 which has been covered by another 70's rock band The Eagles.

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
A little something from Mr. Waits for this time of year...

It's the closing track to his critically acclaimed "Bad As Me" album from last year, which topped more than one Best of 2012 lists. :grinthumb

joker1961

Skaven Swear Runner
Reaction score
Tom Waits HMMM not Sure...

well I`m a novice listener to Tom, so wasn't really a outward minded about him why don't now. the covers of his songs I`ve heard are amazing. Rod, Beth Hart and Tori. but not a fan of his vocals. which is a put of for me. so I`ll go on to youtube.com and listen to his debut album...

darklands

everything's broken, and my Stacys are soaking wet
Reaction score
Re: The Official Tom Waits Thread

How would you justify Tom Waits getting in the R&R Hall over bands like Rush, Journey, Kiss, Deep Purple etc? I honestly know nothing about the guy, never heard any of his music. Anyone?
Tom Waits is the equal to, or 'better' artist than any of the bands you mention (which I also like, especially Rush). It's not all about sales.... Waits is, arguably, the more true 'artist'.

darklands

everything's broken, and my Stacys are soaking wet
Reaction score
No 'Top Tens' in here yet - maybe doesn't really suit a Tom Waits' thread. However, I've tried numerous times to compile single and double Tom Waits CDs, so here goes - here's the latest - kind of erring towards the less 'out-there' stuff. Swordfishtrombones and Raindogs are favourite albums - haven't listened enough to his later stuff - can be 'hard going'. Up there, or above, Springsteen, Lou Reed, Billy Joel; and other favourite artists (Dylan, Pink Floyd, Rush, UFO) - though i know it's like comparing very uncomparable things!

01 Time
02 Hang Down Your Head
03 I Wish I Was in New Orleans
04 Downtown Train
05 In the Neighborhood
06 Somewhere (West Side Story cover)
07 A Little Rain
08 Kentucky Avenue
09 On the Nickel
10 Black Wings
11 Going Out West
12 Jersey Girl
13 Cold Cold Ground
14 A Sight For Sore Eyes
15 Rain Dogs
16 Blind Love
17 Tom Traubert's Blues
18 Trian Song
19 Innocent When You Dream (78)

I see that the last post was over three years ago - favourite Tom Waits' songs anyone?

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Members online