Paramore (Official Thread)

AboutAGirl

oh, be nice
Reaction score
Re: Paramore!

I like the softer stuff. Misguided Ghosts is one of my faves! Gotta agree with Brick by Boring Brick though, might just be their best.

Dig the new song but I find it unlikely they could ever top Riot! and Brand New Eyes. We shall see, I guess! To be honest the guys who left were a huge part of the band. I'd still kill to see them live since they'll still be playing the same stuff, but to be frank I doubt "the new Paramore" will be able to compete with the original. Which is a shame 'cause I think they were really on the rise. Riot! was already one of the best albums I've ever heard, and Brand New Eyes was equally good. Who knows what they could have done next?

Hopefully I'll be proven wrong and they'll be better than ever... TBH the new track sounds just like I'd expect it: you've still got Hayley's power but you're lacking the umph on the drums and guitar. Zac was a freaking INCREDIBLE drummer and Josh's guitar really zinged. But Their movie soundtrack songs are never my favorites anyway (not much love for the Twilight stuff either) so if they do have another "Ignorance" or "Misery Business" waiting in the wings, it wouldn't be the song they pick for the Transformers soundtrack anyway. :)

Syd

Reaction score

I love Hayley Williams. She is awesome and that rockstar attitude is cool.

tumblr_lmcp7xqwDW1ql41o1o1_500.gif

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Of the albums I have Brand New Eyes is the album I like but still think is the weakest I have listened to. I prefer Riot and All We Know is Failing by miles.

Lavender10

Cult of Personality
Reaction score
Thats What You Get would have to be my fav song form these guys. Not a huge fan, but they are far above average :) above mediocrity and less than perfect is more than acceptable music in my book.

AboutAGirl

oh, be nice
Reaction score
Really curious how Paramore's next album will sound. They still haven't made that much progress on it but good on them for taking it slow, they have some mighty big shoes to fill and half the band they used to have to do it with! O.O

I love Paramore more with each passing month. Their catalog just never quits for me, the deeper I dig the more gold I find.

What I'm most curious about is what kind of lyrics the next album will have. What originally drew me to Paramore was the power pop bombast of their early light-hearted material but after submerging myself past the gills in pop music for a year, what impresses me most about them is the fiendishly intelligent lyrics on Brand New Eyes.

So I'm hoping they continue with more in that vein next, rather than going back to the basic love song style. However I doubt it will happen like that. Brand New Eyes really seems to have been one of those tumultuous records, like Rumors or Tonight's the Night, where what's going on with their lives is very directly deciding what words end up on the record. Since that's all over now I don't think we can hope to get more of that level of depth on the next go-around.

But time will tell and at this point all I really want is to be able to see them live!

Vehicle

Aging Metalhead
Reaction score
I love Paramore more with each passing month. Their catalog just never quits for me, the deeper I dig the more gold I find.

Preach it sister. It's awesomne when you find something that whets your musical appetite.

Gotta tell ya...

I'm falling in love with this band. So much so, that I'm getting set to buy their library.

That's saying a lot for me. To actually buy all of it means you like enough of it to risk getting jobbed.

I have maybe 20 songs or so, and there are a couple I skip (Ignorance is a good song with an irritating chorus. The acoustic version is pretty groovy, though. A real flamenco flavor)

I can't say what their 'radio' stuff is, because I haven't listened to the radio for a long long time. Even if I did, I probably wouldn't listen to pop radio. (Even though, I have to admit, I have softened my stance on it, because I have heard some good things, thanks to my kids)

What I do know about Paramore is their songs are melodic, and they do have a rougher edge than people may think.

I know I enjoy it, and I turn some of them up louder when they come on.

And that's really the point of music isn't it? To turn it up when you hear something you like?

Last edited:

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Haven't seen this thread in a while...did some much needed clean up here for all the PARAMORE fans. Your vids are all back too

:grinthumb

AboutAGirl

oh, be nice
Reaction score
I adore the new single in spite of myself. Cautiously optimistic about the new version of Paramore. Don't think they'll ever be as good as they used to be, but hey even if they didn't break apart, they still would have been unlikely to top Brand New Eyes and Riot.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shannan518

Members online

No members online now.