20328861.jpg

Paramore Official Website

Studio Albums

All We Know Is Falling (2005)
Riot! (2007)
Brand New Eyes (2009)
Paramore (2013)
After Laughter (2017)

Searched for 'em but didn't come up with any threads about 'em yet. Anybody like Paramore here?? Great power pop band from the 00s.

As an Avril Lavigne fan, I had Paramore recommended to me a few years ago and I picked up their disc All We Know Is Falling. Didn't much care for it. But my mind was turned around years later when I saw their wonderful Unplugged performance. I think her singing has a lot more personality on Unplugged, she really adds some flourishes to it.

Misery Business

Ignorance

Haven't heard much from their latest abum but 2007's Riot! is bloody great from start to finish.

Crush, Crush, Crush

That's What You Get

Last edited by a moderator:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Re: Paramore!

I don't know too much about them AAG, they flew under my radar and power pop is not my area of expertise.

I'll check them out tomorrow when I have more time.

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score

Honestly, I'm not a huge fan and I actually own their first two albums. They just seem flat to me BUT I respect them a lot more after those Unplugged versions. You are right that they are a lot more colorful in those versions and I wish that came out on the albums more! :grinthumb

AboutAGirl

oh, be nice
Reaction score

:grinthumb:grinthumb The tragedy is that their Unplugged performance was only a handful of songs long, and it's not even available on CD or for download. But at least they did it at all!

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score

I always thought their best song was their cover of the Foo Fighters! Not as good as the original but still a cool cover! :grinthumb

Paramore-My Hero

I always thought out of all the bands in this genre they stood out because people were crushing on the lead singer! She's cute but not really my type! :heheh:

Gabble Ratchet

Reaction score

I will openly admit to liking one and one only Paramore song :heheh: Although the voice still irks me a bit like with all the other songs, the songwriting and music is pretty decent:

The Only Exception

AboutAGirl

oh, be nice
Reaction score

I always thought out of all the bands in this genre they stood out because people were crushing on the lead singer! She's cute but not really my type! :heheh:

I could definitely see that. There'd be a lot of other singers above her on my 'to-date' list if I woke up King of the World tomorrow, but she's very lovely. 'Course I think that's just a regular aspect of music. I've met plenty a female Nirvana fan with a mighty fancy for our blue-eyed Kurt. If someone looks nice AND is an incredible artist... well gee, what's better than that? ;)

'Course I don't really listen to this style of music per se'. So who might you say is one band that handily surpasses Paramore? Keeping in mind I prefer female vocals for this type of thing. If you don't mind, of course.

I will openly admit to liking one and one only Paramore song :heheh: Although the voice still irks me a bit like with all the other songs, the songwriting and music is pretty decent:

I'm not very fond of that one, personally. It was pretty cute the first time I heard it, but could it be any more molasses-paced? It's like they said "Hey guys, we're really good at power-pop. Let's do something that'll put our audience to sleep instead." Also, I know it's just a song and it's not supposed to be autobiographical in any sense but... the fact that all of Paramore's songs are about love really tends to kill the mood for me, considering this song is about not singing about love except for in this 'one' instance. If somebody who didn't do a lot of love songs were to do it, that'd be much more powerful. JMO OC. :D :D

Honestly, first time I heard it I thought it was Hayley Williams solo. It doesn't even sound like Paramore. So I guess it makes sense that you like it, considering you don't like Paramore. There are some bands that I have a similar situation with.

Terra812

Reaction score

The first I had heard of them was while the end credits for Twilight were running and found Decode to be catchy. I like the song and her vocals. I kicked around the net a bit listening to them but that was about as far as I got :D

Decode

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score

'Course I don't really listen to this style of music per se'. So who might you say is one band that handily surpasses Paramore? Keeping in mind I prefer female vocals for this type of thing. If you don't mind, of course.

BTW, I forgot to mention I actually like Avril's material and I have all her albums.

I can't give you too many female ones as I put them in that Warped Tour Arena section where they became popular through touring. Out of the bands who would've been on that tour a lot of them are ones who's music I buy quite a lot of and get into more BUT a lot of them don't have that niche of having a female vocalist. While I do like the vocals I just think the music part doesn't stand out.

I do have some suggestions but I don't want to clog your thread. I have a link to a thread that you may find cool in more than one way. The band thread is made by Harkat and it's for the group From Autumn to Ashes which definitely fits that soft/loud extreme in their music. Now what I'm going to draw your attention to is vocalist Melanie Wills, her contribution to that band and her band itself, One True Thing, which is all covered in the eighth post. Melanies vocals are both beautiful and perfect for meshing with any style. Her band is a lot more diverse in mood going between spunky and gloomy. They do have some basic sounds in their music but a lot more flourishes IMO. Try it for yourself:

From Autumn to Ashes/Melanie Wills/One True Thing: Post 8

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online