Paramore (Official Thread)

AboutAGirl

oh, be nice
Reaction score
That new album isn't from Paramore, it is from a group who has bastardized the Paramore name. There is no Paramore without Josh and Zac Farro.

I've only just begun listening to the record but this was my first reaction TBPH. I don't honestly begrudge them the loss of Josh and Zac, plenty of bands come back after losing important members. I just wish they had erred closer to the old sound. Feels a little like a Hayley solo album, is it my imagination or is the music lower in the mix than it used to be?

But I dislike pretty much every record the first time I listen to it. I'm pretty sure somewhere in this thread I express lukewarm feelings for Brand New Eyes, and that ultimately became my #1 favorite Paramore album. So over time I'm sure I'll fall in love with this record as well. I'm be sure to come back and gush about self-titled when that happens. ;)

Vehicle

Aging Metalhead
Reaction score
Been through it a couple times, and I have to admit, there aren't any tracks that jumped out at me.

AboutAGirl

oh, be nice
Reaction score
^ That's nothing more than taking pot shots at his former band if you ask me. It's painfully obvious how much input Zac and Josh had in the band just based on how intricate the music was back then. It'd be a pretty huge coincidence if they leave and all of the sudden the music style they had for three albums randomly changes but it has nothing to do with them.

That was their statement right in the heat of the moment at the time. I'd be curious what they might say today now that they've (hopefully) had time to cool down. In any case I can't empathize with them at all, all they're doing is ruining a great band by quitting. History is riddled by the secondary bandmates who demand to take control and get left behind... It'll be sadder for them than it is for Hayley, when she's still making money and they're working at Sunoco... but most of all it'll be sad for the fans who miss out on the great music they could have made together. Wouldn't be surprised if there's a reunion, but it might not be for decades.

I really don't see what's supposed to be wrong with Hayley being the focus, as if bands can't have a leader? Same exact thing happened when Tom Petty was signed. They kicked his band out and started new. Did Mike Campbell refuse to join the Heartbreakers? Heck Petty's done solo albums that trounce all his band albums (financially) and he still not only throws a bone to The Heartbreakers but he even resurrected the original band and threw them a bone... Zack and Josh are throwing away their meal ticket on what sounds to me like a power play.

The other thing that strikes me as peculiar is that according to him Paramore has always been this way. So what took them three albums to quit? If he resented being treated like a subordinate, seems like that might have been an issue before they got famous and had a payday, huh? Or did artistic integrity only become affordable once they had a handful of hits under their belt? Just wondering....

Reaction score
What made Josh and Zac quit Paramore was a promise that the band had that Hayley broke. They said that they would never have anything in one of their songs that went against the Bible. Hayley wrote a song that contain the lyric "The truth never set me free so I did it myself", which is against the Bible. Josh and Zac say that they complained and tried to get the song to not appear on their album. The label refused, forcing them to have the song on the record and make it a single. They felt that was too much and finally quit.

50sRock50s

Reaction score
Sorry to stray away from the argument, but who plays ukelele on their new album?

AboutAGirl

oh, be nice
Reaction score
What made Josh and Zac quit Paramore was a promise that the band had that Hayley broke. They said that they would never have anything in one of their songs that went against the Bible. Hayley wrote a song that contain the lyric "The truth never set me free so I did it myself", which is against the Bible. Josh and Zac say that they complained and tried to get the song to not appear on their album. The label refused, forcing them to have the song on the record and make it a single. They felt that was too much and finally quit.

In that case I am glad they're gone. Because that was a great song they wanted to kick off of the album. Who knows what other gems we might miss if their power play had succeeded.

Reaction score
I used to be big on Paramore. But I side with the Farros in this and refuse to support Paramore anymore. I will, however, be listening to Novel American (The Farros' new band) when they actually get an album out.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Really did like the new album. Everything about it I enjoyed.

Edit - Since this post I have since found the album to grow tiresome a bit.

Vehicle

Aging Metalhead
Reaction score
Sorry to stray away from the argument, but who plays ukelele on their new album?

It doesn't say. Maybe I'm wrong, but it sure sounds like a uke.

you be the judge:

As far as the break up, I've only recently discovered them, so I can't really comment on the reasons and what fors and which of whys it happened.

What I do know what I hear.

This new album was tough to dissect, but I think I've solved it.

Compared to the their other albums, this one isn't as focused. I've listened to it enough times now to realized that all the songs kinda run together, with no real individuality.

That's just the sound.

The overall feel is different, not as sharp. There's an energy & power & attitude on the first three that is missing on this latest one.

Is it because those guys are gone? The chemistry? I dunno. Like I said, I'm a rookie fan who doesn't know the dynamics of this bunch.

On a completely different plane, I have never, ever seen any woman pull off that short bangs look. It always looks to me like somebody just grabbed a hunk of hair and chopped it off.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Members online