Re: Paramore!

I like them, Riot is a decent album.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

I see them as alternative rock band rather then pop.
I bought the Riot album today, was great to hear them again.

Bryter Later

Reaction score

I have'nt heard that much of this band,something I will have to put right,but one song ( that I don't know the title of ) is a great accoustic number,which I think might have been a single ??. It is a well constructed,lighter side of them,which highlights her vocals.

:cheers2 Bryter

Tray73

இڿڰۣ-ڰۣ—
Reaction score

I've actually been humming and harring over whether to get some Paramore. I really like the track Ignorance, and another one that I can't think of right now, but a couple of other songs I've heard I'm lukewarm about. I think Hayley has a cracking voice & the times I've heard her sing live, she's been excellent. Which album would you recommend as a starter?

Dreams

Reaction score

Not a fan...but my daughter is. I think she has all four of their CDs.

AboutAGirl

oh, be nice
Reaction score

I finally got Brand New Eyes and it is INCREDIBLE! I'm glad to see that not all the tracks are awful like The Only Exception. Ignorance, Brick By Boring Brick, Playing God, Careful, Misguided Ghosts, definitely among their best. I actually can't decide whether it or Riot! is better, and I never though they could come close to outdoing Riot!.

I've actually been humming and harring over whether to get some Paramore. I really like the track Ignorance, and another one that I can't think of right now, but a couple of other songs I've heard I'm lukewarm about. I think Hayley has a cracking voice & the times I've heard her sing live, she's been excellent. Which album would you recommend as a starter?

If you like the live stuff then get The Final Riot! It's a superb live album from the Riot! tour that puts together all the best stuff from the band's first albums! It even comes with a DVD of the show! Such a good deal.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Franklin

Awesome song.

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score

Don't listen to this band all too much, but I know people who love them and have seen them in concert. Apparently they put on a pretty good show. Not really surprising, from what i've heard, they aren't all that bad, but they don't really fit my taste too well.

Darkhymn

Reaction score

I am a huge Paramore fan. As in a card-carrying member of the fan club. I met them in June of 2009 while they were on tour with No Doubt, and the live show was phenomenal. If you don't understand the hype around this band, go see Hayley Williams on stage. Seriously. Additionally, they're pretty cool kids :D
As a recommendation to Tray73, Riot! is their second album and the one I find most... accessible. I'd start there. The Final Riot! live album is also great. AboutAGirl has that right for sure.
Also, this:
Brick By Boring Brick

Probably my favorite Paramore track right now.

Now for news. Two band members, brothers Zac (drummer) and Josh Farro (lead guitarist) left the band a few months ago. Hayley, Jeremy and Taylor have no intention of stopping, and are currently in the Studio recording their fourth studio album.

And their latest:

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nepowerdry1

Members online